PDA

View Full Version : Character Map Token Size Question

Griogre
July 11th, 2012, 04:15
In the 4E Theme - Wood, the Portrait size on the character sheet is larger than the map token size. In all the other 4E themes and the base ruleset they seem to be the same size. I use portrait tokens and like the smaller size for map tokens. Is there a setting to resize these other themes down to use smaller size map tokens without using an extension? Dropping smaller tokens on the right side token slot doesn't have any effect.

On a related 4E theme question I have the 4E Themes Metal and Metal Pro - are these both 2.9 themes or is one left over from before and should be deleted?

ddavison
July 11th, 2012, 04:21
John is out this week and has only limited availability. I'm not aware of a built-in setting that does this. Are you just manually shrinking them in the CT currently?

Griogre
July 11th, 2012, 05:37
Yes, right now I'm just taking them down to .6 on the tracker which is a really strange size. Its like the 63 pixel portrait size with doesn't really align with the more standard 30, 50, or 100 pixel size tokens. In older versions it worked like the Wood Theme which probably takes the token size down to 30 pixels. It's nothing really urgent it was just driving me nuts because I had one game that didn't have the problem and another that did and it took me a while to figure out it was the different themes. :p

Dakadin
July 11th, 2012, 06:01
Griogre, I believe you will need to resize two files in the extension to resolve it. Change the size of the portrait.png to the size you want the tokens to be. Keep track of the ratio of change so you can change the portrait_mask.png by the same amount. That should take care of it for you. Please let me know if something is clear.

Zeus
July 11th, 2012, 16:58
In the base 4E ruleset (which uses the 4E Metal theme), icons portrait.png and portrait_mask.png are sized at 72x72px and 63x63px. These are identically sized in the 4E Wood Theme.

However, I don't believe these are the image files your after. Try, portrait_token.png and portrait_token_mask.png.

In 4E Metal they are sized at 50x50px and 46x46px whilst in 4E Wood Theme they are sized at 30x30px and 26x26px.

So to adjust the other themes to use the smaller 30x30px size ratio, try resizing the graphics/icons/portrait_token.png and graphics/icons portrait_token_mask.png files to 30x30px and 26x26px respectively in each of the non-Wood themes.

Dakadin
July 11th, 2012, 17:43
Thanks for pointing that out DrZeuss. That's good information to know. The ruleset that I am most familiar with doesn't use separate tokens from their portraits for PCs.

Griogre
July 11th, 2012, 19:19
Thanks DrZuess and Dakadin.

DrZuess, if the 4E Metal is built in, that means I can delete the 4E Metal extension, right? Or is something different?

Zeus
July 11th, 2012, 19:43
Thanks DrZuess and Dakadin.

DrZuess, if the 4E Metal is built in, that means I can delete the 4E Metal extension, right? Or is something different?

I believe the Metal extension re-implements the standard 4E ruleset graphics, so yes you could remove it. Note though that when you next run the updater, the theme will be re-installed.