PDA

View Full Version : Modifiers and FX

Dwarin
July 9th, 2012, 22:17
Perhaps this was answered in another thread but I couldn't find none.

What are the sections +/- and FX on the top right menu and how do I use them? Somewhere I read it was used for specific setting modifiers? How do they work?

Tryll
July 10th, 2012, 02:40
For the most part, those panels exist in all FG rulesets.

Basically, the modifiers panel is for adding "one-shot" modifiers... say "Partial Cover (-2)"... then, prior to a die roll, you can drag from that panel down to the modifier tally in the extreme lower left of the FG window. Then, the very next die roll you make will have those applied, and the chat window will reflect the cause of the modifier. The tally window automatically clears the modifiers after the roll.

As for FX... those are durational modifiers that may be attached to a PC or NPC. You set them up like "Frozen with Fear (3)(-1)". When someone become affected, you drag the FX from the FX panel into the FX section of their tracker entry. The first value is how long it lasts, and the second is how much to take away from the duration total each turn. That way, the effect will remove itself at the appropriate time.

At least, this is the way I've been using them. I'm not sure how else they might be used.