PDA

View Full Version : Barbarians of Lemuria

daddystabz
July 8th, 2012, 18:34
Is this ruleset still being worked on and if so, how close to completion is it? My group and I really badly want this.

Dayson
July 9th, 2012, 01:32
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=699
Yes, here is a link to the game.

Blackfoot
July 10th, 2012, 04:25
There hasn't been much activity on it in the last few months though. I think Murph is onto another project at the moment.

daddystabz
September 25th, 2012, 03:35
Myself and another gamer friend of mine have really been going nuts waiting for this for our BoL Conan game. Is this ever going to see the light of day?

daddystabz
October 5th, 2012, 04:21
Anyone know if this ruleset is just vaporware at this point?

Blackfoot
October 5th, 2012, 13:24
I think Murph has moved on to other projects.

daddystabz
November 4th, 2012, 20:57
Is there any way Murph would be willing to release what he made so far so some of us can get some use out of it?

GeekMessiah
November 8th, 2012, 03:16
Or is there any way he could maybe release what he has done to someone else who can take over the project and get it finished?

Daddystabz and I are big into BOL and it would help if we could run it through Fantasy Grounds

daddystabz
November 20th, 2012, 15:31
I think this is pretty much a lost cause at this point, like many other things FG related.

Blackfoot
November 20th, 2012, 16:06
Nice attitude.
The guy who was working on this project was doing it for 'fun'... he's moved on to other things.. anytime someone is working on spec that's just how it is. Sure.. maybe he could have sold a couple of copies of it for a few dollars... but he found something more interesting to do... get over it.
Geez... there's no reason to bash FG for it. Community projects are enthusiasm based... funded by passion and good times... find a better attitude... or do it yourself...
That IS the great part about FG... anybody can build what they need if they want to badly enough... just take the time to figure it out.

daddystabz
November 20th, 2012, 16:09
I am negative about FG because I PAID for it and I have a right to be. Everything I've tried to set up or have happen with this software has fallen through or never materialized. I have a right to my view just like you have a right to your fanboy view.

phantomwhale
November 20th, 2012, 21:46
You certainly have your right to your views.

What Blackfoot was highlighting though is that third-party FG products are produced primarily by fans, and therefore setting too high expectations around them based on the model (e.g. they are done by fans for enthusiasm only, and most of the money generated around them goes back to the publishers) will pretty much lead to the disappointments you've had so far.

If anyone is running to defend FG, it might be because they've never made any promise around this or any other "enthusiasm-ware" product.

You might be best to contact Murgh as GeekMessiah suggested - if he has truly abandoned the work, he might be happy to pass it on, or equally knowing there are some interested fans out there might spur him on (esp. if he has another group willing to playtest a beta version and report back on bugs?)

But make no mistake, even though money is involved with third-party rulesets, very little is going to the authors of those rulesets (at an estimate, I reckon I receive about 5 cents for every hour I put into SW).

Trenloe
November 20th, 2012, 21:49
I am negative about FG because I PAID for it and I have a right to be. Everything I've tried to set up or have happen with this software has fallen through or never materialized. I have a right to my view just like you have a right to your fanboy view.
It's not the software's fault at all. Just like I've said to you in the past - Fantasy Grounds facilitates play online. Don't blame the software for the fact that you can't find a game to play. This is just like if you buy a role-playing game rulebook and can't find a group of player to play with - is it the role-playing game's fault? Of course not!!! Neither is it Fantasy Grounds fault that you can't find reliable games.

It has also been pointed out to you that the vast majority of the games you have requested from this community are not supported by Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17493) and require some work to get them going. It has also been pointed out to you that you can use Fantasy Grounds with a generic ruleset to play your games without rules automation.

Many people in this community have tried to help you out, and you just keep bashing "the software" as the issue.

If the game/s you want to play are not supported, and no one has written a community ruleset then you will either have to play with a generic ruleset, write a ruleset yourself, or move on and find a game with a supported ruleset.

If the problem is that you have found a ruleset for one of the many RPG games you have requested and you can't get a group together, then how is that the fault of "this software"?

You obviously have experience with role-playing games, so I find it very hard to understand how you expect everything to be given to you on a plate and blame the lack of this on the underlying "table top" (all be it a virtual table top)? You did not pay for a server based MMO that has lots and lots of players logged on at any time looking for pick-up games.

You "PAID" for a tabletop where you can play games - it is up to YOU to bring the rules and the players to the table, or join a table that already has rules and players. If you can't find a table you like, then it is not the table's fault.

Perhaps your expectations of what Fantasy Grounds was going to do for you was completely different. But, many people have given you feedback and tried to help you on these forums and you still blame the software...

Hence why people who have worked hard in this community to run and play games jump to it's defence when you are negative about Fantasy Grounds and the "fanboy" community.

VenomousFiligree
November 24th, 2012, 08:35
daddystabz, you asked for a demo of the ruleset and I invited you to a game, you accepted. You were then a no show with no reason given (or any communication at all), you waste my time why should I help you?

I'm more than happy to pass on what I have to any of the regular FG developers.

Hemophage
November 27th, 2012, 07:31
daddystabz, you asked for a demo of the ruleset and I invited you to a game, you accepted. You were then a no show with no reason given (or any communication at all), you waste my time why should I help you?

I think this demands a response ^ no show with no info = bad policy

daddystabz
November 30th, 2012, 04:34
I lost my job during that time so I was a little more concerned with more pressing real-life issues. I never tried to inconvenience anyone. My friend and I petitioned SEVERAL times to aid in further play testing and inquired about the development of the rule set but received less than lukewarm responses each time.

I'm more than happy to pass on what I have to any of the regular FG developers.

GeekMessiah
December 3rd, 2012, 05:55
Ok, there has been bickering back and forth but if the designer has moved on to other things, they are welcome to do so.

Would the designer be willing to hand over design to someone else to finish? If so would anyone be interested in taking over?

daddystabz
December 3rd, 2012, 05:57
I just want to add that my intent was NEVER to inconvenience the author or the ruleset and if I did in any way I apologize. I'd be interested in anyone who would want to take this over in backing it with my own money. I just want to play a game I love with my friends on this table, which I've deemed to be the best table out there.

damned
July 27th, 2014, 23:45
@daddystabz and @GeekMessiah your time has come:
Barbarians of Lemuria kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/700903193/barbarians-of-lemuria-mythic-edition/posts/928161) now has a Fantasy Grounds and a Fantasy Grounds + Book pledge level! Get on board!

damned
August 8th, 2014, 22:51
Hey guys - Barbarians of Lemuria kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/700903193/barbarians-of-lemuria-mythic-edition/posts/928161) now has a Fantasy Grounds and a Fantasy Grounds + Book pledge level! Get on board!

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2014, 23:01
Dude.. you already posted that here.