PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Maintenance

Blackfoot
July 8th, 2012, 17:31
Is anything being done to maintain this ruleset relative to general system upgrades/updates?

It is a great system... it would be nice if it could make use of all the wonderful features that have been added to fantasy grounds.

wbcreighton
July 8th, 2012, 18:08
I nominate Blackfoot !:D

Blackfoot
July 8th, 2012, 18:09
I nominate Blackfoot !:D
If only I had the time and knowledge to do so.

RosenMcStern
July 11th, 2012, 11:28
Depending on what comes out of FG Con and how well the supplements are doing, I might be willing to do some work on it. I now have a decent grasp of the internal workings of rulesets.

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2012, 14:19
It doesn't look like any BRP games are scheduled for the Con thus far.

kairos
July 11th, 2012, 14:51
I've done a couple community rulesets now (Strands of Fate, Dresden Files, and Marvel Heroic) and would be willing to lend a hand at supporting the BRP ruleset.

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2012, 15:08
At this point what BRP really needs is to have some of the newer 'core' features (like targeting) incorporated into it. It has some other minor issues like not doing some of the calculations from stats that it should.. but those are relatively minor compared to not having the new import export features, the targeting, and a few of the other 'new' features FG has to offer.

wbcreighton
July 11th, 2012, 17:01
It doesn't look like any BRP games are scheduled for the Con thus far.

That is true but if you go to the thread on BRP Central:

https://basicroleplaying.com/basic-roleplaying/fantasy-grounds-2-virtual-gaming-convention-2012-a-2930/

You'll find that Rosen is ready and willing. Scifi all the way :cool:

I'd like to start off my gaming morning with some BRP with my porridge and tea.

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2012, 17:15
He probably should post a game then. :)

wbcreighton
July 11th, 2012, 17:48
confirm that you are going to join in after your PF game and I bet he will ! :)

I added this thread:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16904

RosenMcStern
July 11th, 2012, 22:26
I will add games in a few hours, as soon as I can determine the best times of the day. Suggestions welcome.

gamemasterbob
August 3rd, 2012, 01:15
Hello,
I would be interested in joining a BRP session.

gamemasterbob
August 3rd, 2012, 01:16
I'm on the east coast. EST: after 6pm on wed is best. If you need players.

wbcreighton
August 3rd, 2012, 18:04
Hi gamemasterbob,

do you have FG ?

gamemasterbob
August 10th, 2012, 02:11
Hi,
I do. FGII - 2.9.1
I'm not set up with any voice. suggestions? Skype?

Bob

gamemasterbob
August 10th, 2012, 02:20
What about token sizing in BRP (and other sets that do not support this)? This is SO important. Is there a way to get this that I don't know of? An Extension?

Thanks
Bob

wbcreighton
August 10th, 2012, 05:19
Hi,
I do. FGII - 2.9.1
I'm not set up with any voice. suggestions? Skype?

Bob

We usually use Skype. It seems to have gotten better, and it works fine. The IM feature is handy.

Blackfoot
August 10th, 2012, 05:20
Honestly.. I'd suggest using the FG Teamspeak server. That's what it's there for.

wbcreighton
August 10th, 2012, 05:22
What about token sizing in BRP (and other sets that do not support this)? This is SO important. Is there a way to get this that I don't know of? An Extension?

Thanks
Bob

Token sizing ? You mean zooming the scale of the map and then locking the token scale ? Or use the scroll button over the token on the combat tracker to individually scale the token ?

wbcreighton
August 10th, 2012, 05:24
Honestly.. I'd suggest using the FG Teamspeak server. That's what it's there for.

That was just made available in the last couple of weeks. It did work real well during the con. The nice thing about skype is having a record of any group text chats. Plus I can use Skype on my android phone to check in if I'm late for a game, and need to let everyone in the group know.

Blackfoot
August 10th, 2012, 05:27
The nice thing about skype is having a record of any group text chats.
That's true. The Teamspeak thing doesn't do that... at least not with offline messages.