PDA

View Full Version : 4E Power Window Hover Bug?

fulf
July 7th, 2012, 10:53
Whenever I try using hover text from a power's independent window, the modifier will be set to negative.

Eg: Suppose we have Wisdom 18 (+4) and 1d20 always rolls 14.

Attack: Wisdom vs. Will ---to chat---> (14)-4 10

How to quick fix this? I'm sure it's in 4E.pak, a - instead of a +. I tried looking into it, but I'm not sure which .lua handles this and don't have the patience to scout them all.

Thank you in advance. :D

Griogre
July 7th, 2012, 19:20
fulf, use the mini sheet to attack instead of the power text. This is a bug and should be reported. I had a player complaining about this in a game but I couldn't understand what he was doing until I took a look at it a moment ago.

To reproduce the bug: double click or drag roll the attack from a power from the *opened power text description* on the 4E character sheet power tab, not the mini sheet.

fulf
July 7th, 2012, 20:09
Awesome, thanks. But still, I'm sure this can be quickly fixed with a quick edit in the 4E.pak and I'd love to find the faulty line if possible ^^

Edit: Just tried it like you said and it still acts stupid. By the way, it seems that the modifier is always -5.

fulf
July 9th, 2012, 08:14
Okay so the bug seems not to be a - instead of a + inside the scripts. I've skimmed the scripts and couldn't find such a thing.

What I did find though was that when you open a power window and use the rolls from it, it doesn't add the characters modifiers. It treats the power window as being a new character with all attributes +0. If I write +Strength vs. AC and roll, it'll just give me a 1d20 roll.

This might be more in depth than I thought. I'm still looking for a way to fix it, but this probably is a bit over my head.

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2012, 20:48
I just patched this issue in the v2.9.1 beta. You can have the GM update to Test or Dev mode in the updater to change to this version.

Regards,
JPG

fulf
July 13th, 2012, 21:02
Heh. Thanks. I'm the GM :P

I think I'll stay until a stable release comes, but thanks :D

Curiosity question: Is my supposition true? Did the Power Window not link correctly to the Character Sheet?