PDA

View Full Version : Hey I can use two monitors!

Willot
July 7th, 2012, 08:10
Just realised I had an old monitor That I could hook up to the DVI port on my video card. Now I Have Two monitors. Man thats given my FGII some working area.

I would strongly advise if you have a computer with two video outputs and an old monitor lying about do this...

Mgrancey
July 7th, 2012, 08:30
Yep, but as warning if their resolutions are different it can make things a bit sticky. My newer monitor has a larger resolution and as such when I bring it down on my primary, stuff vanished on my secondary monitor like the dice tower, and tokens bag.

Also you'll need to not run in maximized window mode obviously. But yeah it makes running much easier, I tend to put the story, npc/monster, combat tracker and party sheets on the secondary model.

gmkieran
July 10th, 2012, 16:52
Also tremendously handy for those times when you need to run a GM session and a player session on the same machine so you can test functionality or just see how what you've put together as a GM will look to your players. You may find, however, that FG gets a little buggy about handling other programs running in the background (Ventrillo or other chat software, for instance) when it's spread across 2 screens; hopefully not, as the devs have done a lot of work to fix those issues, but you may.

Cheers!
GMK

Trenloe
July 10th, 2012, 17:13
You may find, however, that FG gets a little buggy about handling other programs running in the background (Ventrillo or other chat software, for instance) when it's spread across 2 screens; hopefully not, as the devs have done a lot of work to fix those issues, but you may.
Yeah, the recommendation is that if you do experience strange issues is to NOT run FG in maximised windows mode, but manually stretch it to split across your two screen.

Also, if you ever have problems where certain control seem to lose focus, ALT-TAB out of FG and back in usually fixes them.