PDA

View Full Version : Let's learn GURPS

Benarius
July 6th, 2012, 17:28
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and currently am installing the software. I added a new game in the game calendar and am looking fro people wanting to learn GURPS & Fantasy Grounds with me. I also design stuff for the game if one ever comes together. If already experienced players have some tips or groups already, please let me know.

Regards

Benarius

saithan
July 6th, 2012, 20:17
If you want to learn GURPS,

on weekends if you contact me, or find me in the Chat room. I give a demo game which includes a detailed tutorial of the GURPS rules and How to use the GURPS 4Enhanced Ruleset. After which I then run the Participants through an an actual FULL Scale Session.
The session is designed to run 4 Hours (Using pregen characters). so if you want to experience the entire thing. Please plan to dedicate 5 hours total.
if you can not dedicate the full time that is ok aswell However The game part of the session is designed to show the gamesystem and ruleset and ideas shown in the tutorial part of the session in action.

Please contact me anytime on Fri between GMT-5 5pm through Sat 5pm

Benarius
July 6th, 2012, 23:43
Hi saithan,

sounds great. Have all weekend, misses is working. Best fro me between 12pm to 22 pm GMT.

What chatroom?

Regards

Benarius

saithan
July 7th, 2012, 00:25
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home scroll down, on the right you will see Online chat

wbcreighton
July 8th, 2012, 18:11
Hey saithan, are you thinking about running a game at the FG Virtual con July 20-22 ? No GURPS game sessions listed yet.

saithan
July 8th, 2012, 22:31
I have thought of it unfortunately I doubt my day schedule will allow it.

Isembard
April 29th, 2013, 18:22
Hi,
I've been reading through the GURPS rules and want to have ago running an adventure using the FG2 ruleset.
I have FG2 experience using a couple of rulesets (Cthulhu & Savage Worlds) but am a complete novice with the GURPS ruleset.
I guess what I'm after is any tips current GMs may have. Also Saithan do you still run the tutorial game detailed in an earlier post as that would be superb, I've already watched your videos on the ruleset which were most helpful.
Thanks in advance any advice will be welcomed.
Isembard

opusaug
April 30th, 2013, 01:12
I ran into saithan in the Online chat a few weeks ago, and he spent more than two hours showing me the GURPS ruleset. So he's still around and being very helpful. :)

saithan
April 30th, 2013, 01:59
I would be more than happy to run a tutorial session early on a weekend. will be fun!

Isembard
April 30th, 2013, 17:49
Thanks for the quick response. I work quite a few weekends and have the usual family responsibilities so can safely say the first weekend that I'm free at a suitable time with the time difference is Saturday 18th May. As I say I would be free all day so can fit in with any time to suit you.
Let me know if the dates is no good for you but if it looks ok I'll find you on the chat closer to the time.
Thanks again for the swift reply.
Isembard

saithan
May 1st, 2013, 00:59
sounds way cool to me!

any whoo feel free to PM me with any message systems you may be available on.
if available , always happy to chitchat the hobby

Alcatar
May 4th, 2013, 20:27
Depending on your schedule and the subscribed players for such a demo session, I'd like to take advantage of such a generous offer along with 2 of my friends, both of which are new to FG and PnP RPGs.
I'm familiar with FG and DnD, but not quite so much GURPS - I'd like that to change :D

saithan
May 14th, 2013, 13:40
Wanted to thank Alcatar for introducing his friends and for the opportunity to entertain them in a fantastic game of gurps fantasy. I really had a blast and am looking very much forward to running more games that group.

Vishera
August 20th, 2013, 23:28
Hey saith, long time no talk. I decided I want to convert my campaign over to GURPS but Im not that familiar with it. I remember I ran through a short game with you a while back but that was a long time ago. I am interested in joining anything you have to quickly pick up GURPS.

seycyrus
August 21st, 2013, 02:33
Hay Tassadar, I'm certainly not Saithan and I don't mean to hijack his response... But I'm curious as to what rulesystem you'd be converting from?

Daggon
January 11th, 2014, 20:42
Hi, I have not played a tabletop rpg in years but recently came across some GURPS 4th ed books and would like to learn more. This Virtual Table Top system seems the most robust to me and was wondering if Saithan was still running newbs through an adventure. Sorry to drudge up an older post.

seycyrus
January 11th, 2014, 21:03
Hi, I have not played a tabletop rpg in years but recently came across some GURPS 4th ed books and would like to learn more. This Virtual Table Top system seems the most robust to me and was wondering if Saithan was still running newbs through an adventure. Sorry to drudge up an older post.

Greetings! Fantasy Grounds is indeed the best!

Saithan is certainly active these days, but I am not sure if he still runs his group. Note: If you are purchasing FG right now, make sure you change the the launcher to "dev". This will revert your FG from 3.0x back to 2.94 which is what Saithan's ruleset supports. Hopefully he'll have something that works with 3.0x in the near future, but I hear it is quite the monumental task.

Valarian
January 11th, 2014, 21:10
There's a GURPS 4 Prime Directive game just starting. The characters are done, but the first session isn't until next Saturday.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1141

Gigermann
January 11th, 2014, 21:11
For v3.0, the GURPS ruleset still gets the job done, just there is a glitch or two

saithan
January 13th, 2014, 23:18
Gigermann is correct it is not that bad , The goal of the next version is to be 100% inline with core. this will avoid issues in the future as FG grows. I think it would benefit most from the multi language string resources as I know there are many Spanish and Portuguese as soon as I have a clean base converted from moons 4e I'll be working with a another member of the community to pound out the updates faster. keep in mind it is a labor of love for gaming and sometimes gets slowed by real life issues. but I'm still here and working hard on it.

seycyrus
January 13th, 2014, 23:39
... keep in mind it is a labor of love for gaming and sometimes gets slowed by real life issues. but I'm still here and working hard on it.

Your website lacks a donate button!