PDA

View Full Version : images don't load properly

Chamrajnagar
July 6th, 2012, 02:44
I played in a Call of Cthulu campaign and did not have this issue. Since switching to another GM and game in the 3.5 dnd rule set, I do not get the images shared by my GM. I see the appropriately sized window with a loading message in it, but it stays like that for a longer period of time. When it's done loading it displays a blank screen except for a sometimes present four pointed, gold chevron that i believe is a button(?no clue does nothing?). Any brainstorming on this issue would be appreciated.

damned
July 6th, 2012, 06:05
delete your campaign cache on the CLIENT computer.

Laura
July 8th, 2012, 02:59
My group is having the same, or a similar problem, as of the 2.9 update. When our GM tries to share new images with us that we don't already have cached locally, we encounter seemingly indefinite loading screens that never resolve (we've let them run for 20-25 minutes before losing patience, a few times).

This is accompanied by a significant spike to our GM's latency, which spikes to a point which makes communicating with him on Mumble, Skype or Vent (we've tried all three seeking a resolution) impossible, but which occurs only during these hanging image load times. Tonight we tried wiping the campaign caches on all our client machines, but it had no effect on the problem.

I don't have a complete technical breakdown for his computer, but he's running a relatively new machine with 4 gigs of ram in Windows 64-bit, is running on a high speed cable connection, and the filesizes of the images he's trying to throw our way are in the range of a meagre 100k. These problems began with the 2.9 patch (and aren't resolved by the current 2.9.1 test build), and we were running smoothly beforehand. Halp!

damned
July 8th, 2012, 03:23
there is also a /flushdb command that you run in the chat window - try it on client and host computer - make backup of campaign folder on host computer.

Moon Wizard
July 8th, 2012, 09:40
/flushdb is only for the host. It essentially resets all the sharing on the database.

You can also use the delete cache on the player machines suggestion to see if that is an issue.

The other option is that the GM can zip up his campaign folder and send to [email protected] to see if it happens on our development machines also.

Regards,
JPG