PDA

View Full Version : [Savage Worlds] Deadlands Reloaded problems

Dwarin
July 5th, 2012, 23:33
I have the Ultimate Edition. Whenever I try to install it using the Downloader from the website, it updates as usual. I can install the Savage Worlds 3.1 ruleset and when I install the Deadlands Marshall and Players rulesets, I don't see them in the extensions panel on the launcher. I can see the Savage Worlds ruleset and even initiate it, but no extensions. I can see every other extension (D&D 3.5 and 4). Can someone help?

ddavison
July 6th, 2012, 04:25
If you had a much older version of Savage Worlds, you might still have that getting loaded first instead of the latest version which is required for compatibility with the DLRL extensions. Can you check your Application Data folder (under the Programs|Fantasy Grounds II start menu) and make sure you don't have any Savage Worlds folders in your rulesets folder? Sorry... that was a lot of folders.

If you do, please try to move this out to a backup location and then re-launch Fantasy Grounds. When you select Savage Worlds, what version is listed?

Dwarin
July 6th, 2012, 10:15
In Data > AddOns, the Savage Worlds Ruleset is 3.1. When I select it, on the launcher, it's version 3.1.

phantomwhale
July 7th, 2012, 00:10
Deadlands is not appearing as the latest version (1.1.0) requires Savage Worlds 3.2 to work.

As Doug suggested, remove the SavageWorlds3 folder from the "rulesets" folder in the Application Data folder. Once Savage Worlds is showing up as 3.2, you should be ready to go.

There was a change in how rulesets were installed between 3.1 and 3.2, so a few people caught this issue. Hopefully future upgrades should be smoother !

Dwarin
July 7th, 2012, 02:04
If I have SW 3.1 do I have to buy 3.2 or it just upgrades?

phantomwhale
July 7th, 2012, 02:19
Free upgrade - I think it will be delivered by the Fantasy Grounds update engine going forward (from v2.9 onwards) but right now you might need to download the installer from the Store page (go to the bottom, and select view previous orders, then click the download link).