PDA

View Full Version : Young Justice Con Game Thread

Talen
July 5th, 2012, 04:06
As we have 3 players already signed up we are a definte go for the convention! Feel free to post here with any questions regarding the game or to request a specific Young Justice/Teen Titan character for the game (must be in heroes and villains)

One question that has already been asked is, "Do you need prior experience with Mutants and Masterminds to sign up?". No! In fact, this will be my first session running the game as well so we will be putting the new ruleset through its paces for the first time together.

That's also one of the reasons why I chose YJ- it offers an easy way to keep the Power Level low. I'll provide the background story this weekend, but the summary is that this will be your first mission together as fledgling superheroes pulled together by the Batman while the Justice League is offworld.

Dakadin
July 5th, 2012, 05:01
I have no experience with M&M and very little with Teen Titans. I am a big fan of super hero games though and I've played supers using Champions(Hero System), Gurps, Savage Worlds and even Villains and Vigilantes. :p I want to learn more about M&M so I appreciate you running a game for it.

Would you mind providing the name and just the archetype of the characters?

Thanks,
Dakadin

wbcreighton
July 9th, 2012, 05:59
I don't see this session on the Calendar anymore.:confused:

Dakadin
July 9th, 2012, 06:30
It is still on the calendar but set to not accepting players so that might be why you can't see it.

Talen
July 9th, 2012, 12:18
It is still on the calendar but set to not accepting players so that might be why you can't see it.

Correct - the game is stil on, but I didn't want people to keep applying and be disappinted if they were unfamiliar with the calendar system. Can everyone else still see the calendar entry?

I still have to provide some character info for everyone, but this weekend filled up with graduations and birthdays....I hope to have more details for everyone during the week.

wbcreighton
July 9th, 2012, 16:11
I believe that once it is not accepting players, the only ones who can see it are the players and GM who have signed up. Given the way these things generally work, you might want to consider leaving it open to accepting players to gather some alternates or lurkers. Real life has a way of intruding on FG games.

The link that Blackfoot has provided in our Convention schedule google spreadsheet takes me to a blank page as a campaign entry.

Talen
July 11th, 2012, 01:01
2 preliminary housekeeping issues for our upcoming M&M con game...

First, I've changed the calendar entry so that it is now visible by all.

Second, I need the players to select their pregen characters. Any Teen Titan or Young Justice character from the Heroes and Villains books (volumes 1 and 2) is eligible. Please let me know who you would like to play and I will enter him or her into FG. Pleae post here when selecting your superhero. It would be helpful if you also let me know how familiar you are with FG and Mutants and Masterminds.

Here is a partial list of pc's to chose from and their approximate archtype.

Aqualad - Warrior
Arsenal - Weapon Master
Batgirl - Crime Fighter
Beast Boy - Shapeshifter
Cyborg - Powehouse
Kid Flash - Speedster
Miss Martian - Shapeshifter/psychic
Nightwing - Crimefighter
Ravager -Warrior
Ravin - Psychic
Robin - Crime Fighter
Speedy - Weapon Master
Starfire - Energy Controller
Superboy - Powerhouse
Wondergirl - Powerhouse

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2012, 01:03
I flagged myself for Kid Flash on the calendar.. is that ok?

Talen
July 11th, 2012, 01:39
I flagged myself for Kid Flash on the calendar.. is that ok?

That works well too. Do you have any experience with M&M 3e Blackfoot? It doesn't matter, more curious as to what the group will look like and if I have a rules guru I can rely on. :p

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2012, 01:41
Sorry.. I won't be able to help you there.. Champions.. lots.. M&M... zip. It'll be fun to check it out though.

Dakadin
July 11th, 2012, 02:45
Thanks for the list Talen. I always followed Marvel more than DC so I needed some help. I put myself down for Nightwing.

bford0001
July 11th, 2012, 19:22
I applied for a slot. M&M 3E is my preferred system if you guys need assistance or anything to that nature. I don't mind if I don't play, but like I said, I'm fairly proficient with the system and am more than happy to answer questions.

Talen
July 14th, 2012, 13:33
So far we have Kid Flash and Nightwing arriving - for those that havent selected a character yet, please let me know this weekend. I will be traveling this week and wont have much prep time after Sunday. If I havent heard by Sunday, Ill assume you dont have a preference and you can select rom the pc's I have input into FG (unless you've done it yourself from the H&V books).

Bford0001, we can absolutely make room for you so feel free to pick a character as well.

Talen
July 15th, 2012, 15:13
Here's a screenshot of some of the M&M ruleset with Young Justice. The server info has been updated as well.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8154/7575563178_516637da80.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/68287921@N06/7575563178/)
Mutants and Masterminds Screenshot-1 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/68287921@N06/7575563178/) by Talwynor (https://www.flickr.com/people/68287921@N06/), on Flickr

bford0001
July 18th, 2012, 20:11
Alright, bored at work waiting for minis to dry so I thought I'd step in with my first round of advice for the M&M system in general.

The system is actually meant to be used without a map (a storyteller system per se), due to the sheer size and of comics. The Flash (pg. 219 of the DCA HH) is a great example. With Speed 20, he can easily go off the map and back again in less than one round.

Most of the maps you see based on M&M are on a much larger scale (cities). I'm not saying it can't be done, but with some heroes it's going to be nearly impossible to keep track of where they are if they zip/teleport/fly/etc. off the map.

That's a nice map though, BTW, where did you pull that from?

Talen
July 20th, 2012, 03:22
I think I got the map from the dundjinni forums. I agree on the maps, but I will use them in most combats because the map can be used for targetting of multiple opponents.

bford0001
July 20th, 2012, 05:41
That's what we ended up doing too, but one of our PCs was a 'porter and ended up all over the place.

I'm still looking for a cheap mapping program, all the ones I've looked are really expensive. :(

Talen
July 22nd, 2012, 15:40
While the game is still several hours away, I have brought up the server for those that want to get the rule set load out of the way and see their chracters. The final roster is Superboy, Nightwing, Robin, Kid Flash, Captain Marvel Junior, Arsenal and Cyborg. Nightwing, Kid Flash, Captain Marvel and Superboy have been selected already so please only take the PC you reserved.

If you dont have the Heroes and Villains book, send me an email and I will send you a summary of your character. It would be helpful if everyone who is playing sent me an email today so that I know what our final headcount for the day is. I believe my emai lis listed in my profile, but if not, send me a PM with your email address and Ill get you the info.

DrakosDJ
July 23rd, 2012, 06:13
This was a fun game, I enjoyed it thuroughly.

Thanks Talen for theowing this together and introducing me to my first live FGII game. I wa quite pleased that it was Superboy who landed the final blow to win the day :).

Hornet
July 23rd, 2012, 19:31
As someone who had to miss most of FGCon due to a prior commitment, I am extremely glad I did have time for this and that there was a last minute opening.

Talen did a tremendous job running M&M3 for the first time and everyone there were fun to play with and got along great.

Thank you for the opportunity to see the ruleset in action, Talen and thanks for the fun game.

Blackfoot
July 23rd, 2012, 20:34
I thought it came off quite well. I started a thread in the M&M forum for comments and issues on the ruleset : Ideas and Suggestions. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17001)... I know there were a couple of them... I just can't remember what they all were... apparently DrakosDJ did too. :)

Dakadin
July 23rd, 2012, 21:01
Thanks for running this Talen. I have a much better idea about M&M and the ruleset.