PDA

View Full Version : Bug Report: Party Sheet - drawing mode

gmkieran
July 4th, 2012, 03:01
FG 2.9.0 on XP Pro SP3 machine in 4e campaign (client, not host). Able to draw in the drawing mode on the Marching and Formation tab (initially), but eraser tool does not erase, either when selected in upper left corner or from radial menu. After selecting eraser tool, unable to draw even after re-selecting draw mode in both upper left corner and radial menu.

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2012, 00:28
I was going through items to fix, and I wasn't able to reproduce this one. When I open the party sheet (2 instances on same machine), I am able to draw and erase without any issues.

Can you provide me with step-by-step instructions to recreate the issue?

Also, here are some questions/comments to help:
* Drawing uses a pen-style interface, but the erase is a lasso-style interface.
* Any extensions being used? Does it happen without them?
* Does the eraser button in the toolbar highlight on and off when clicked on?
* Is the cursor an inkpen icon instead of an arrow icon when the eraser button is highlighted?

Thanks,
JPG

gmkieran
July 13th, 2012, 18:09
Afternoon, Moon!

I'll see if I can put together a step-by-step next time we play. In the meantime, I'll answer what I can. I expected a lasso style interface for erase, but nothing at all happened when I tried to use it. The cursor did remain pen-style after the erase button was hilited and the erase button did correctly hilite and un-hilite whether selected in the upper corner or from the radial menu. I don't believe the GM was running any extensions, but I will have to confirm with him. I assume it doesn't matter that I have extensions installed as the client?

cheers!
GMK

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2012, 19:41
Yeah, only GM extensions matter.

With the toolbar icon highlighting and the cursor changing, it seems like the drawing commands may not have been getting propagated to the host and back.

Any additional information would help to reproduce. Maybe even a copy of the campaign folder.

Regards,
JPG

gmkieran
July 18th, 2012, 15:27
Well, it worked fine last night, so maybe the previous issue was a fluke. It may also have had something to do with data being shared in the background - I have noticed a definite lag during such operations. If I run into the issue again I'll document it, but for the moment I'd consider it resolved.

cheers!
GMK