PDA

View Full Version : FGII doesn't install at all overseas

markjlyon
June 29th, 2012, 15:21
I have a friend deployed in Afghanistan that is trying to download and install FGII.

He gets the FGII installer down loaded but when he runs it, it acts busy for a bit and then just enables the Update button again but never downloads anything and never actually installs the game.

None of my US players are having an issue. As far as we can tell he can access every other site and use apps that use various ports (WoW, RIFT, SWTOR, Skype, ICQ, etc).

Any ideas?

Can I just zip up the install folder and send it to him?

Thanks,

Mark

Moon Wizard
June 30th, 2012, 01:01
You can zip up the app folder and the data folder, and send it to him.

The updater is simply making HTTP requests to the host to get files. I'm guessing that they are timing out for some reason. Perhaps a slow connection? Or a block at the base level over there?

Regards,
JPG

Griogre
July 1st, 2012, 00:59
You might suggest you friend check to see if the FG updater/installer got quarantined by his Anti-Virus Program as well.

Trenloe
July 1st, 2012, 02:14
Also check for one of those annoying Windows access control yes/no messages hiding in the taskbar at the bottom of the Windows screen (usually looks like a shield). Sorry if this seems like a stupid/simple suggestion and your friend is IT savvy - but it does catch some people out...