PDA

View Full Version : Crashing when GM Loads Shares Story

Runeswik
June 27th, 2012, 06:10
Whenever my GM shares story notes or item notes with the group, my game crashes. Nobody else crashes and I haven't had this problem with anything else.

Running on Win7 64 bit. I believe I have the most up to date version of 2.9
Let me know what else you need to know, if anything, to help me figure out the issue. Thanks! :)

damned
June 27th, 2012, 07:30
rename the local cached campaign copy on your machine...

Moon Wizard
June 27th, 2012, 19:14
Damned's suggestion is the best advice at this point. Look in the FG Data Folder (via StartMenu), then navigate to cache subfolder, then rename the folder that matches that campaign.

If you still see the issue, I may need to collect the cache file on your side, plus the campaign from the GM in order to figure out the issue.

Thanks,
JPG

Runeswik
June 28th, 2012, 08:32
Damned's suggestion is the best advice at this point. Look in the FG Data Folder (via StartMenu), then navigate to cache subfolder, then rename the folder that matches that campaign.

If you still see the issue, I may need to collect the cache file on your side, plus the campaign from the GM in order to figure out the issue.

Thanks,
JPG
Thanks, I'll see if we can test this out tomorrow!

Runeswik
June 29th, 2012, 00:22
Before I even did anything with the cache, the GM and I did some testing and were unable to reproduce the issue. The only difference between today and two days ago were that we had 6 other people in the game with us.

damned
June 29th, 2012, 00:45
there is also a /flushdb command that can be run in the chatwindow to clean up some ofthe db entries...

damned
June 29th, 2012, 00:46
and remember that if you do clear player side cache you will need to download campaign again... this can take some time...

Runeswik
June 29th, 2012, 14:30
I will keep that in mind. We play again on Tuesday, so assuming it happens again, I'll try what you guys suggested. Thanks!