PDA

View Full Version : 4e Tables

khersheyjr
June 27th, 2012, 05:41
When I click on the green + button a radial dial comes up with the only option being to close the window. Is the purpose of the button to create a new table? I am not running any extensions.

Trenloe
June 28th, 2012, 00:26
There should be additional options - anti-clockwise from the axe closure icon: 2, 4, 6, +

These options create a table with that many rows (+ gives more options).

Shame you can't see them! ;)

khersheyjr
June 28th, 2012, 00:36
Ah ha! So, that is was is what I am supposed to be seeing.

Moon Wizard
July 3rd, 2012, 00:44
khersheyjr,

I have been unable to reproduce the issue here. Can you zip up your campaign folder, and send it in email ([email protected]) so I can take a look?

Thanks,
JPG

khersheyjr
July 3rd, 2012, 05:00
Sent the email to you.

khersheyjr
July 4th, 2012, 18:31
It appears that I do have those options but I have to right click to see the options where most users use the left click. I have checked the mouse options to ensure my buttons aren't reversed in Windows. The right/left mouse button issue only appears in FG. I have the same issue with the menu button inside of the Combat Tracker as well. Has anyone had this issue?

Moon Wizard
July 5th, 2012, 17:48
Yeah, I would love to hear if anyone else has this issue, so I can figure out a common cause. Both mouse buttons work on those interface buttons on my machines.

Regards,
JPG

Zeus
July 5th, 2012, 18:44
It appears that I do have those options but I have to right click to see the options where most users use the left click. I have checked the mouse options to ensure my buttons aren't reversed in Windows. The right/left mouse button issue only appears in FG. I have the same issue with the menu button inside of the Combat Tracker as well. Has anyone had this issue?

You wouldn't by chance happen to be running FantasyGrounds II on a dual monitor setup, particularly if you are extending the desktop across both monitors?

I only ask, as the only time I have experienced similar behaviour with mouse buttons switching context in FGII is when I have stretched the FGII app across multiple monitors. To resolve I had to change the primary/secondary display order.

khersheyjr
July 5th, 2012, 19:19
I am running dual monitors. I briefly disabled one monitor but I will change the order to see if that works. Will post results here shortly.

khersheyjr
July 5th, 2012, 19:26
Hmm. DrZeuss, that is the problem. I am running Dual monitors. If I extend the program to both monitors the left mouse button works fine. If I have it on just one monitor and not stretched over both then it is backwards again. We probably haven't seen many people report on this issue due to a small percentage of users using dual monitors. I also noticed that running in minimized window works fine. Once I maximize the window the issue with the reverse mouse buttons shows up again.

Zeus
July 5th, 2012, 20:43
Hmm. DrZeuss, that is the problem. I am running Dual monitors. If I extend the program to both monitors the left mouse button works fine. If I have it on just one monitor and not stretched over both then it is backwards again. We probably haven't seen many people report on this issue due to a small percentage of users using dual monitors. I also noticed that running in minimized window works fine. Once I maximize the window the issue with the reverse mouse buttons shows up again.

Yeah, this has been reported in the past and is a known issue for DirectX based applications; workarounds include running in a stretched window, reversing the order of the displays and/or updating your mouse driver.

Its not just FGII thats affected, you can pretty much get the same behaviour running Unreal's UDK on Windows XP, Vista and 7 (not tried Windows 8 though).

There are a couple of good reasons why running FGII in a manually stretched window is advanteageous rather than running in Full screen. One relates to the issue you have experienced with mouse buttons appearing to reverse, the other is to do with FGII occasionally losing keyboard focus, forcing you to re-tab back into FGII to get back keyboard focus.

Q: Which OS are you using?

khersheyjr
July 5th, 2012, 20:48
Running Windows Vista Home 64 bit

khersheyjr
July 5th, 2012, 20:49
At least now I know the workarounds now :)

Moon Wizard
July 8th, 2012, 01:07
I'm running dual monitors as well, and I can't get the situation to occur (tried Windows 7 and 8). I'm guessing that this must be an older OS or driver issue, but I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks,
JPG