PDA

View Full Version : Test Release v2.9.1

Moon Wizard
June 26th, 2012, 22:56
This is primarily a bug fix release for v2.9.0, so I'm only addressing bugs at this time. If you have feature requests, please add them to our wish list in my sig.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 26th, 2012, 23:01
Updates

Improved handling of chat window entries with large icons or large sender names.
[3.5E] Armor modifier toggle applies to skill check penalty, as well as max stat bonus.
Missing font tag in chat log output file. Fixed.
Chat entry box mode graphic not updating when modifier keys pressed in older rulesets. Fixed.
Closing a window containing formatted text fields did not propagate changes to client. Fixed.
Snapshot size error message when drawing size changed by host on drawing only image value. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Items appearing as unidentified in character inventories when identification option off. Fixed.
[3.5E] Unable to scroll item list in treasure parcel records. Fixed.
[4E] Unable to add or delete campaign item properties and powers. Fixed.
[4E] NPC powers were being incorrectly sorted. Fixed.
[4E] Power highlighting and application of complex effects not working. Fixed.
[4E] Message that stronger effect exists when applying stronger penalty to a combatant with a weaker penalty. Fixed.
[4E] Script error during migration of calendar data from DrZ extension prevented data migration. Fixed.

JPG

Helvegr
June 27th, 2012, 05:17
I was experimenting with the 3.5/Pathfinder ruleset and when I enable shortcuts on a map, I can add pins/links like normal. However closing the map then disables shortcuts again. Each time the map gets opened, I need to go back to layers and re-enable shortcuts.

Sorry if this isn't a bug, its been a while since I had used this feature, but I could have sworn that before map had saved the fact that I wanted shortcuts enabled. Same behavior in 2.9 and 2.9.1

GeneralChaos
June 27th, 2012, 07:47
You don't normally need to enable shortcuts, just hold down the CTRL key to enable dropping shortcuts, and to see ones that are already on the maps/images.

GeneralChaos
June 27th, 2012, 08:05
Not sure if this should be considered a problem or new request:
In PF Regen works like Fast Healing, that is disabled, not bypassed by certain damage types.
Fast Healing (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules#TOC-Fast-Healing-Ex-) : Stops when the character is dead (not just unconscious)
Regeneration (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules#TOC-Regeneration-Ex-) : Stops for one round when the damage type is applied, unlike 3.5 where damage is nonlethal unless it's of the regen type. Until they're at -constitution score and hit by the right damage, they don't actually become dead.

Thought there was a problem with Incorporeal... but it turns out my players hadn't added magic as a damage type to their weapons. :P

demadog
June 29th, 2012, 15:29
Hi JPG, we ran into one unusual bug last night running the 2.91 version with the 4e ruleset. It seems the chat window does not take the dice result bubble into account when doing the auto-wrap. The effect is that the bubble is most times partially obstructed by the edge of the chat window. To workaround you need to stretch the chat window fairly wide, especially if there are a lot of modifiers on the roll. I'm not sure if this is something specific to our game, but all the players experienced the same thing.

Thanks,

Al

Moon Wizard
June 30th, 2012, 00:51
Helvegr, that's the way it always worked for shortcuts.

GeneralChaos, it's something I'll have to look at adding to the PF specific code.

demadog, If you can get me a screenshot of an example of the issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 30th, 2012, 00:52
Update

[DEV] onDrawingResized event now occurs on client when host resizes drawin-only image.
[DEV] Crash after dice dropped on control when no dice defined on desktop. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

GeneralChaos
July 2nd, 2012, 10:44
Some annoying bugs in this version.

Rolls in the chat window are hanging out the edge of the viewable area, expanding the chatwindow size can sometimes get around it.

Rolling multiple dice ends up with one extra die getting rolled, though it's not counted in the results.

Moon Wizard
July 2nd, 2012, 20:37
GeneralChaos,

* Do you have some examples of the cutoff you are seeing? (a screenshot would be great.)
* How are you rolling when you get the extra dice?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 3rd, 2012, 01:38
GeneralChaos,

Looking at fast healing and regeneration now. It looks like they are identical for both d20 and PF SRD (when I look at the online SRD info).

Here's how it works now:

Fast Healing - Looking at SRD, fast healing works until they die. In FG, as long as a creature is in combat tracker, FHEAL effect will increase their hit points at the beginning of their turn.

Regeneration - Looking at SRD, regeneration works until creature is past death threshold and regeneration is disabled by damage type. Otherwise, it behaves just like fast healing. In FG, as long as creature is in combat tracker, REGEN will increase their hit points at the beginning of their turn. Also, the REGEN effect is disabled for one round when the creature takes damage of a specific type specified in the effect.

I just want to make sure that we are on the same page, as this was how it should work currently.

Thanks,
JPG

GeneralChaos
July 3rd, 2012, 11:07
That sounds right for Fast Healing and Regeneration.

https://www.general-chaos.com/screen1.jpg
Screencap of text hanging out. I could not reproduce the extra dice problem, which makes it bizarre. It was happening on every roll I made that already had more than 1 die.

P.S. I drew the tokens. How awesome am I? :P

Moon Wizard
July 3rd, 2012, 23:39
Nice tokens. My drawing skills are limited to buttons. ;)

JPG

Moon Wizard
July 3rd, 2012, 23:41
Update

Fixed up a few chat layout issues.
[UPDATER] Added OS information to debug output.
[3.5E/4E] Character mini and full shortcut buttons can be hot keyed again.
[DEV] onZoom event generated when client image viewpoint updated by host.
[UPDATER] ProcessManifest XML error issue (3+ years old!!). Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Table rolls on hot keys were not working after reloading campaign. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] Encumbrance not updating when items deleted. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] CT menu appearing too high when FG maximized. Fixed.
[DEV] Crash occurs when dice list set to zero in onDrop script and no ruleset dice defined. Fixed.
[DEV] Interface.openRadialMenu opening menu above cursor when FG maximized. Fixed.

JPG

josiah white
July 6th, 2012, 12:37
This is my first time posting on this message board, but I've had odd experiences since the last update. (Whichever one would have taken place on the 30th of June since we hadn't gamed in a month.) I have the FG2 Full license (the $40 dollar one) and just after updating I attempted to open my character sheets and look over somethings and my sheets opened, but there absolutely no info in there and I had a script error message. Something about attributes. However, once I connected with the GM I was able to access my character sheet and there was no missing information.

I have since uninstalled and reinstalled FG2 and I don't have access to the character sheets (I left the other folders alone).

Any advice?

Edit:
1) If this is the wrong forum to post in, my apologies.
2) This is in reference to Savage Worlds.

khersheyjr
July 6th, 2012, 19:21
Sounds like the characters that have the info are server characters which are stored on the GM's computer. You could always ask your GM for an export copy of your characters since they sound like they are working fine. Then, just import the copies. Give that a shot and see if you still have the same issue.

Trenloe
July 6th, 2012, 21:59
I have since uninstalled and reinstalled FG2 and I don't have access to the character sheets (I left the other folders alone).
Where are you looking for the characters - In a campaign as a GM or using "Manage Characters"? If you are using Manage Characters are you selecting the campaign you played in or just the ruleset?

josiah white
July 7th, 2012, 00:15
Thank you Kher, I'll give that a try.

I would always go to manage characters and then select the campaign. We have two different campaigns so this weekend I'll ask about loading both on his (the GM's) end and see how that works out.

If there's no joy I'll repost/keep trying to figure it out

Blackfoot
July 8th, 2012, 14:52
I'm not sure if this has been resolved yet or not... but the 'damage' notifications don't match anymore in PF. No matter which damage reporting mode you are in, they don't match the damage status output in the chat window.

GeneralChaos
July 11th, 2012, 07:57
Another feature I'd like to see is hardness.
Vehicles and items especially have a hardness to beat to deal damage to them. Works similar to DR or Resistance.

Some special attacks (notably barbarians) have hardness reducing attacks - and adamantine weapons ignore 10 points of hardness.

Energy damages are reduced to half, except when they are expected to be effective (E.G. fire against paper or sonic against glass) - which is where it might start getting complicated (or simply up to the GM to count)
Ranged attacks by half, except seige weapons.

This all can be useful to 'creatures' such as animated objects.

PF wiki (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/damaging-objects#TOC-Hardness)

Zeus
July 12th, 2012, 20:07
Spotted a couple of problems with 4E 2.9.1:

Fumbles & Critical Hits - Ruleset requires the fumble and critical hits tables to be named as Fumble and Critical Hit however the effects tables must be named as FUMBLE EFFECT and CRITICAL HIT EFFECT. Inconsistent use of table name case.

Token Pre-Placement - Adding Encounter NPC tokens to a campaign map works OK unless the map is in a subfolder of the campaign images folder. If this is the case once token pre-placement has been completed and the encounter window closed - it sometimes results in an FGII application crash (usually when there are lots of NPCs in the Encounter). Subsequently when adding the Encounter to the CT, the following console message is logged and only the first NPC is added:

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/manager_ct.lua"]:733: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image.

Campaign Log - I also noticed that the Log no longer contains any time controls. Can these be added in?

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2012, 01:36
Updates

[3.5E/4E] When adding pre-placed encounters, the tokens were not being added to client maps until map reshared. Fixed.
[3.5E] Errors in basic rules data (mounts, whetstone). Fixed.
[4E] New characters always had heavy armor option turned on, and it was not displayed. Fixed.
[4E] Rolls and effects made from PC power descriptions were not applying PC attributes. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2012, 05:47
DrZ,

* The tables I have in my fumblecrit.mod are named "Critical", "Critical Hit Effect", "Fumble" and "Fumble Effect". The individual results are in caps. Is this not what you are seeing?

* Thanks for the heads up on the nested images folder issue. I have not tested that scenario.

* I checked the code for 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9. As far as I can tell, the output to the chatlog.html file has remained the same regarding time output. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Regards,
JPG

madman
July 13th, 2012, 07:30
Not sure if it has been addresses or not yet? I was adding some images to a campaign, everything seem to work as it should. I typed a word in the chat box (Maps) and dropped onto the tab, the same way I have always done it. It renamed the tab but all the images were gone. I have done it over and over with the same result. Very easy to recreate it. If you name the tab then add the images everything works as it should.

Just thought I would bring it up if nobody has yet.

Chris

Zeus
July 13th, 2012, 07:48
DrZ,

* The tables I have in my fumblecrit.mod are named "Critical", "Critical Hit Effect", "Fumble" and "Fumble Effect". The individual results are in caps. Is this not what you are seeing?

Yes in the module you provide, the table names are all in Proper case format. However at the moment when you fumble or critical the ruleset expects to find FUMBLE EFFECT and CRITICAL HIT EFFECT tables (i.e. it is searching for the tables existence using all capitals, hence it fails). Changing the case of the the effect table names to use all capitals, fixes the problem. Ideally we want the ruleset to change to lowercase before trying to match, this will then allow table names to be in any case.

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2012, 03:38
Update

Windows closed on larger desktop were not visible when reopened on small desktop. Fixed.
[LAUNCHER] Update Available button always lights up in certain cases. Fixed.
[4E] Tokens created from portraits when using wood theme were incorrectly being created too small. Fixed.

JPG

Zeus
July 14th, 2012, 11:08
* Thanks for the heads up on the nested images folder issue. I have not tested that scenario.

I think I know what the problem is, the nested folder is a red herring.

If you attempt to pre-place tokens in an Encounter from a module (which does not already contain pre-placement data) to an image in your campaign it all appears to work fine until you try and add the encounter to the CT, after which you get the error:

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/manager_ct.lua"]:733: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image.

Digging into the app data/campaign/moduledb/module name.xml; the reference to the image in the encounter preplacement data is created as:

<imageref type="windowreference">
<class>imagewindow</class>
<recordname>image.image id.image@module name</recordname>
</imageref>

where image id is the id of the image and module name the name of the module. I guess FGII assumes the images are in the same module.

However, in this instance this is incorrect and should not be referencing the image as if it were in the module, it should be referencing the same image name but in the campaign db.

e.g. something like:

<imageref type="windowreference">
<class>imagewindow</class>
<recordname>image.image id.image</recordname>
</imageref>

I think I have only hit this as I have a number of modules which pre-date preplacement and I have not re-parsed them (not even sure if the parser supports pre-placement of tokens).

Its no real biggie and I can workaround - just took me a while to figure it out.

Zeus
July 14th, 2012, 11:20
Oops, also forgot to say that one of my groups enjoyed over 5+ hours of non-stop 4E D&D last night (playing H3 Pyramid of Shadows with this group) without any hiccups (aside from the unique issue in the post above which I worked around) - no disconnects, no crashes, no problems. :)

Quite surprising, given someone of them hadn't played since pre 2.7!!!! All clients updated smoothly with only one player getting a problem (related to his AV setup but quick to resolve).

Smoothest online 4E game they have enjoyed to date. The group asked me to post a message of thanks and support, so ...

A very big thank you to JPG and the rest of the team for the continued development of FGII, keep up the great work.

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2012, 23:28
It looks like due to some legacy code and the desire not to break all previously exported modules, I will not be able to address the encounter placement issue in the short term.

So, module encounters can only be placed on module maps, though campaign encounters can be placed on either campaign or module maps.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2012, 23:55
Updates

[4E] Adds Insubstantial effect to CT if NPC has Insubstantial trait power when added
[3.5E/4E] Tokens and pointers were snapping to leftmost snap point, instead of the cloests. Fixed.

JPG

Silveras
July 15th, 2012, 03:54
Image Issue

I am not sure if this is new, or long-standing.

FG II Version: 2.9.1 (continued with release on July 14/July 15)
Extensions: None in this campaign

I was renaming and re-organizing the images in the Images folder for a campaign that I export as a module. After doing so, the sizes displayed were off. Small images were opening in large windows, stretched to fill them.

After trying to re-zoom and otherwise manipulate the images without correcting the problem, I decided to copy them to a new campaign and see if I could fix the issue by doing so. In the new campaign, each image loaded "normally" (in an window that was appropriately auto-sized). I then decided to delete and re-add them in the original campaign.

That had no effect. After deleting all image records, I saved the campaign and exited to the main screen, then re-loaded the campaign. When they images were added back, they continued to open in incorrectly-sized windows. Around this time, I realized that the size of the windows still reflected the original order of the images in the list.

Eventually, I:
- edited all story elements to remove all links to the images
- cleared and re-populated all Encounter entries
- manually examined the db.xml file to ensure that there were no nodes under "Image"

Still, when added back, the images opened in windows that reflected the sizes of the older list.

As a work-around, after clearing the list once more, I clicked on "New" in the Image tab to create "dummy" images. Each new image opened in a window sized as before.. meaning, with the size of the deleted image that had been in that position in the list previously.

After that, when adding the images back into the Image directory, they have now auto-sized correctly.

Trenloe
July 15th, 2012, 04:47
Image Issue

I am not sure if this is new, or long-standing.
It's long standing.

The position of most, if not all, windows in FG is stored in the "CampaignRegistry.lua" file in the base campaign directory.

For example, a single image window position is recorded as:

["imagewindow"] = {
["image.id-00001"] = {
["y"] = 3,
["h"] = 693,
["imagex"] = 0,
["imagezoom"] = 1,
["imagey"] = 0,
["w"] = 1075,
["x"] = 23,
},
},
Note that the image is referenced by "image.id-00001" which refers to the image entry in the campaign db.xml file. An example is:

<image idcounter="2">
<category name="" mergeid="" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
<id-00001>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>images/-003.jpg</bitmap>
<gridsize>64</gridsize>
<gridoffset>0,0</gridoffset>
<gridsnap>on</gridsnap>
<tokens>
<idcounter>6</idcounter>
</tokens>
</image>
<name type="string">Mausoleum</name>
<toolbars type="number">1</toolbars>
</id-00001>
</category>
</image>
Therefore, it is the campaign db.xml file that ties in the actual image file "<bitmap>images/-003.jpg</bitmap>" to an image id entry.

Deleting and reorganising images can change the image id number - if all images are deleted the db.xml file reference starts at id-00001 again - but keeps the old sizes and positions from the "CampaignRegistry.lua" file.

So, a quick "fix" is to delete the "CampaignRegistry.lua" to reset the positions. However, this resets ALL window positions, not just images.

Silveras
July 15th, 2012, 16:49
Thanks, Trenloe, that helps immensely

Moon Wizard
July 17th, 2012, 00:28
Planning to release v2.9.1 on Thursday or Friday, based on how my Wednesday night test session goes.

Updates

Mouse actions within formattedtext fields sometimes did not resolve correctly. Fixed.
[4E]Added Action Point Used checkbox to character sheet powers page. If power with Action Point recharge used, checkbox will be checked until rest occurs.

JPG

Trenloe
July 17th, 2012, 16:08
Planning to release v2.9.1 on Thursday or Friday, based on how my Wednesday night test session goes.

Updates

Mouse actions within formattedtext fields sometimes did not resolve correctly. Fixed.
[4E]Added Action Point Used checkbox to character sheet powers page. If power with Action Point recharge used, checkbox will be checked until rest occurs.

JPG
Hey JPG, how will this affect the FG con running this weekend (from Early Friday morning US time)? Will the unregistered installation be OK, etc.?

I'm just a little nervous with this potentially coming out the night before our con with a bunch of new players then having to update/install a new version.

Thanks.

Moon Wizard
July 17th, 2012, 18:23
Responded in the FG con thread. I don't foresee any issues, but I'll hold off until Monday anyway.

Cheers,
JPG

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2012, 07:08
I was trying to work with a player on character generation tonight and he pointed out to me that there is an error when attempting to export from 'Manage Characters' in the Lite version in PF/3.5 .. it seems to want you to be connected to a host.
I assume this is just a bug.. but...
Lite versions are 'pay' versions no? It seems like this should work. Makes it a lot simpler to pull players into games and promote the community in general if players can edit their FG character offline. Sure makes it a lot easier for me as a GM.

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2012, 19:51
Campaign characters can not be edited offline, but local characters can.

I'm not familiar with the error when attempting to export from Manage Characters mode; I'll have to take a look.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
July 19th, 2012, 20:44
That's what I figured. Thanks for checking it out.
I assumed that since they now have an export button in Lite mode they were supposed to be able to do it. :)
I guess most of us that are doing testing aren't running a Lite version.

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2012, 20:50
Updates

Extra dice being visibly rolled when perform some drop rolls. Fixed.
[3.5E/4E] When applying XP for a single encounter or quest in party sheet, all encounters or quests would be applied. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

Bloodlust
July 23rd, 2012, 15:58
I'm the person Blackfoot was referring to with regard to exporting characters.

If I make a character under "Manage Characters" then I am not able to export it and send it to DMs or post it in game threads. Many DMs are asking this to be done before game time, which is fair enough, so they can check characters ahead of time.

When I purchased a "Lite" licence, I assumed that all basic functionality woudl be part of that paid product. Of course I understand why that wouldn't be the case for "Demo" version, but being able to create a export (or import an xml) a character I would consider one of the most basic features of the product.

I'm hoping this can be revised as I was really impressed with the product and want to keep using it (but have no intentions of ever running games myself).

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2012, 16:07
When I purchased a "Lite" licence, I assumed that all basic functionality woudl be part of that paid product. Of course I understand why that wouldn't be the case for "Demo" version, but being able to create a export (or import an xml) a character I would consider one of the most basic features of the product.
The export character functionality was only introduced in the 3.5E and 4E rulesets in V2.8 - on the GM side only. The ability to use it in manage characters was introduced in V2.9 (latest release at time of writing) so I'm sure this is just an oversight for the lite version.

FYI - a lot of rulesets don't have export/import characters at all - players get their characters into the game by creating them in manage characters and selecting them when they connect to a GM's game, which transfers the character to the FG campaign at that point. So, whereas some people might regard export/import as one of the most basic features, it is relatively new to only a small number of FG rulesets and so might have some initial teething problems...

Bloodlust
July 23rd, 2012, 16:12
Hopefully it can get fixed soon :)

Moon Wizard
July 23rd, 2012, 19:13
Update

Characters can be exported from "Manage Characters" mode with any license type.

Cheers,
JPG

Blackfoot
July 23rd, 2012, 20:30
Thanks. :)

Bloodlust
July 23rd, 2012, 22:52
Just tried but can't get it to work. Coming up with the same error message. I've updated (three times now). Should I uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks for getting this sorted :)

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2012, 23:03
Just tried but can't get it to work. Coming up with the same error message. I've updated (three times now). Should I uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks for getting this sorted :)
Are you running in test or live mode? If you're running in test already, please disregard the following.

You need to update in test mode (mentioned in post #1 of this thread) as V2.9.1 is not a "live" release.

When you start Fantasy Grounds, click "Settings" and change the "Mode" to "Test". Click "OK" then select "Update" in the updated window.

Bloodlust
July 23rd, 2012, 23:14
Done.

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2012, 23:21
Done.

No worries. :)

Did the character export work?

Bloodlust
July 24th, 2012, 00:30
Yes, all good :)

darkling
July 26th, 2012, 03:10
Release it! Please!! The con is over! The item ID bug was a mess in my game tonight.. :)

phantomwhale
July 26th, 2012, 11:17
Not sure if this is a "test version only" bug - it may have been present for ages ?! - but thought I should highlight it here :
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17021

(in a nutshell, players can see preloaded images)

As if affects SWEX too, it could disappoint GMs like me (low bandwidth, but likes to surprise with good in-game images).

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2012, 19:24
Just responded in other thread. It has always been that way, and is a side effect of adding player access to open previously shared images. The workaround is to mask the images before preloading.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2012, 20:31
Just pushed release live with a couple last minute minor updates.

[4E] Marked condition not working. Fixed.
[4E] Reach in power description causing script error when adding to CT. Fixed.

JPG

Blackfoot
August 5th, 2012, 05:52
There seems to be an issue with the party sheet. When players are added after they have logged in they do not appear on the sheet on the client side. It works fine on for the host and once they log out and log back in.

Bidmaron
October 21st, 2012, 04:19
It looks like due to some legacy code and the desire not to break all previously exported modules, I will not be able to address the encounter placement issue in the short term.

So, module encounters can only be placed on module maps, though campaign encounters can be placed on either campaign or module maps.

Regards,
JPG

Just want to make sure I understand this:
A module encounter is an encounter you sent up on the encounter panel button in the campaign and then export to a module, whereas a campaign encounter in this context is something that did not originate within a module.
The reason I am asking is because once you load a module for a campaign and use a module encounter, does it ever get imported into your campaign (like happens when you drag a module item to a character sheet or onto the item panel button)?