PDA

View Full Version : "Update Available" still red after various updates/installs

Eru the One
June 26th, 2012, 14:30
I updated to 2.9 without any major issues, but the "Update Available" button was still red after updating. I've tried to run the update several times and it appears to download nothing new, just checks the files over and over. I uninstalled FG2 and re-installed using the new Web Installer and I still have the same issue with the button.

I do have CoC & CnC rules sets, so I'm not sure if that's the reason the update thinks there are some more to download, but I don't see those available in the "Products" section of the installer.

I don't have any issues playing or running a game that I can see, just an annoying red button :).

Moon Wizard
June 26th, 2012, 19:22
Can you send a copy of your license to [email protected], and mention this issue in the email?

Also, are you using the login feature of the updater to download purchased products? This will help me narrow down why it lights up.

If I can reproduce here locally, I can figure it out quickly.

Regards,
JPG

gmkieran
June 27th, 2012, 21:01
Several players in my group reported a similar issue in our game last night. Each of us have updated to the latest available release (by activating the UpdaterEngine.exe directly, not from inside FG), but the Updates Available button remains red.

Dakadin
June 27th, 2012, 21:13
Several players in my group reported a similar issue in our game last night. Each of us have updated to the latest available release (by activating the UpdaterEngine.exe directly, not from inside FG), but the Updates Available button remains red.

I had the same issue but JPG put another update that just resolved it for me so try it again by starting up FG and see if it still occurring.

Moon Wizard
June 28th, 2012, 02:58
You'll need to run the updater again to see it resolved. If you are still seeing it after completing another update, please let me know.

Regards,
JPG

rule of three
July 13th, 2012, 16:29
Hello JPG.
I still have the same problem. The last version is 2.9.0. The button goes to red after 2 seconds. I use Seven if it can help.
I don't know how to delete the "User Name" to verify if it works without identification.

Moon Wizard
July 13th, 2012, 19:44
I have seen the issue with a couple users, but I have no way of clearing user credentials in the updater currently. I plan to add an option shortly, and investigate the issue.

Please send me a note to [email protected], so that I can collect all the people having this issue. If you can turn on Debug mode in the installer and send me the update.log file from the FG data folder, that would be useful too.

Thanks,
JPG