PDA

View Full Version : NPC Table

Dakadin
June 26th, 2012, 07:51
I didn't want to hijack Ardem's GM Tools thread any more than I already have but I wanted to show some progress on the NPC Table since I know JohnD is waiting for it. I had to make a few choices about the NPCs. I am leaving the choice of spell lists to the GM but put the number of spell lists by level in the abilities section. I've attached a screenshot of the new table with a few NPCs opened from it along with the key which is linked in the footer. It is working pretty well so far but I have a few things to still work out. Please be aware that I might still need to change it around a bit. :o

GMBazUK
June 26th, 2012, 10:20
Excellent work Dakadin (and Ardem). RMC sure is turning into a great ruleset.

Baz.

Ardem
June 26th, 2012, 12:12
That's nice work.

I have got dropdown boxes working (was a bia-tch) in in my GM Tools, but I having issues with data saving to the db for some reason.

Getting help from moon so hoping to work it out soon. The way we going, RM will be more featured then 4e <grin>

JohnD
June 26th, 2012, 13:15
:handclap:

Looks great... thanks so much for putting time and effort into this!

bennis1980
June 26th, 2012, 15:24
This will make creating NPCs a doddle in FG. Well done and thank you. Can't wait to see it in action.

Please tell me, will it be part of Extend RMC or in a stand alone module?

Dakadin
June 27th, 2012, 06:05
I have got dropdown boxes working (was a bia-tch) in in my GM Tools, but I having issues with data saving to the db for some reason.

Great job! I looked at it and it works really well. :)

It's one of the things on my list to make things a bit more intuitive.

Can it be populated dynamically from a module or do the lists need to be in the code.

Dakadin
June 27th, 2012, 06:15
Please tell me, will it be part of Extend RMC or in a stand alone module?

It requires a module data and code changes.

Ardem
June 27th, 2012, 08:59
Great job! I looked at it and it works really well. :)

It's one of the things on my list to make things a bit more intuitive.

Can it be populated dynamically from a module or do the lists need to be in the code.

Can't take the credit for the coding it is from the Base ruleset. But needed to get it to work with the rolemaster ruleset was the pain however still working on how not to be a transparent overlay once that is figured out, I send you the file ext for dropdown onlys, so you can add them into extend rmc if you need.

Dakadin
June 27th, 2012, 15:23
Can't take the credit for the coding it is from the Base ruleset. But needed to get it to work with the rolemaster ruleset was the pain however still working on how not to be a transparent overlay once that is figured out, I send you the file ext for dropdown onlys, so you can add them into extend rmc if you need.

That still deserves credit though. I know how hard that can be at times.

I can help with the transparent overlay. I just took a look at it. The frame for the DropDownList template needs to be changed to controlarea instead of control since I couldn't find a framedef for control. The screenshot shows the look with the change.

And thanks I will likely take you up on that offer.

Ardem
June 27th, 2012, 15:49
Yeah I figured it out, all fixed I sent you the various files for rmc in a pm.
It all works well. I believe it could be populated elsewhere but currently it looks at the global.lua as a static list array.

Dakadin
June 27th, 2012, 16:18
Thanks for the PM. I looked at the code and it does look like it can read from a module if you use a datasource tag with the DropDownList instead of the lookup tag. I will try to find time to test it out.