PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds is officially for sale now

ddavison
June 25th, 2012, 04:53
After a long stretch and a large amount of work, the official M&M ruleset is now available. Thanks to Alberto Zaldivar for all his efforts and for putting together a beautiful looking and quite functional ruleset. He is currently working on the upcoming Gamemaster Handbook, but we didn't want to hold this out any longer.

You can find it by looking in the store for the Mutants & Masterminds game system or by searching Green Ronin. Look for more products to come out at a later date. For anyone interested in doing module and add-on conversion, please have at it and then send me a note when you have it complete and ready to post. Happy Gaming!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=GRR5501eFG2

Olodrin
June 25th, 2012, 22:05
Woohoo! Steampunk Supers, here we come!

Talen
June 27th, 2012, 23:14
Great news on the release! Will you be able to import hero lab generated characters?

ddavison
June 28th, 2012, 03:07
Not directly at this time. It is something we will look into adding in the future though, depending on the size of the community. It looks like we have three people so far who have expressed a desire for this functionality. We may reach out to Lone Wolf to see if they would mind creating an export specifically for the new ruleset.

DrakosDJ
June 28th, 2012, 08:19
Ok, I seem to be having problems with this ruleset. I purchased it and ran the install package, but when I create a campaign there is no "library" button to access the M&M 3e rules. This means I cannot input a character by bragging the powers/advantages/etc... from the appropriate rules section.

From the description of the rules set I was under the impression that the contants of the M&M Handbook would be included.

Edit: Ok, I discovered that the "The Net" button accesses the Library, but when I press it it comes up but there are no entries, the Linrary is empty.

Valarian
June 28th, 2012, 14:14
Have you activated the module? Usually there's a modules button and you have to open the book icon to activate it. The module content then appears in the library.

kairos
June 28th, 2012, 16:38
Yeah, it's there, but you have to activate it with the modules button in the upper right corner. I've been happily building characters with it. Also, there are some nifty tokens included which appear in the token bag which you can drag to the character portrait section of the character sheet. A nice touch. :)

DrakosDJ
June 28th, 2012, 17:06
Yeah, it's there, but you have to activate it with the modules button in the upper right corner. I've been happily building characters with it. Also, there are some nifty tokens included which appear in the token bag which you can drag to the character portrait section of the character sheet. A nice touch. :)
Thanks for the replies, I had activated the module, but I didn't Open the book in the module screen. I figured it out this morning and can now see the M&M book. I'm new to using FGII so I'm likely to make alot of newb mistakes.

I am now trying to enter a character I've built in Hero Lab, but I;ve nothced that no all power modifiers are avaliable. For example I can't find "Normal Strength" modifier for shrinking.

kairos
June 28th, 2012, 22:54
I am now trying to enter a character I've built in Hero Lab, but I;ve nothced that no all power modifiers are avaliable. For example I can't find "Normal Strength" modifier for shrinking.

I imagine it was impractical to add every effect-specific modifier into the module as its own shortcut, but the modifier is listed in the power description. What you can do is right-click in the Extra/Flaws Options box then click "Create Extra/Flaw". Then you can add in anything you want.

DrakosDJ
June 29th, 2012, 07:00
I imagine it was impractical to add every effect-specific modifier into the module as its own shortcut, but the modifier is listed in the power description. What you can do is right-click in the Extra/Flaws Options box then click "Create Extra/Flaw". Then you can add in anything you want.
But how would I be able to mane it add it's effect within the character sheet. Take for example, with the "Normal Strength" modifier, how would I get it to not apply a strength reduction when the power is active?

In their online tutorials they demonstrate the functionality for the 4e template to by using key phrases such as ONCE, ATT, ALL, etc... which get inturprited by the interfact to make appropriate adjustments. Where can I find a list of the M&M key words? After all one of the benefits of a virtual tabletop is to allow for automating tedious tasks to maximize the fun.

kairos
June 29th, 2012, 13:55
In their online tutorials they demonstrate the functionality for the 4e template to by using key phrases such as ONCE, ATT, ALL, etc... which get inturprited by the interfact to make appropriate adjustments. Where can I find a list of the M&M key words? After all one of the benefits of a virtual tabletop is to allow for automating tedious tasks to maximize the fun.

Those are Effects, which the MM3E ruleset uses for Conditions (which are applied in the Combat Tracker). The number associated with an Effect/Condition has to do with how long it lasts.

As for applying or not applying a particular modifier, I'm not sure you'll get that level of automation from this ruleset. To have it account for every little modifier would really increase the level of complexity of the ruleset.

I, for one, would prefer to handle those sorts of applied/not-applied sort of modifiers myself.

jaydarkson
July 2nd, 2012, 04:07
My players are not seeing the Hero's Handbook, though I can see it just fine. Any suggestions?

Also is there any idea how to handle area effects?

kairos
July 3rd, 2012, 01:27
My players are not seeing the Hero's Handbook, though I can see it just fine. Any suggestions?

You have to enable players to view it. You can either let them activate the module themselves, or you can force load it for them (see the attached screenshot for what a force-load looks like). Drag and drop the permissions icons from the lower left corner of the modules activation window to the module.

Also is there any idea how to handle area effects?

What problem are you having exactly?

Talen
July 3rd, 2012, 05:01
Do the conditions need to be entered manually in the conditions screen or can they be dragged and dropped or loaded at once from some source?

kairos
July 3rd, 2012, 17:30
Do the conditions need to be entered manually in the conditions screen or can they be dragged and dropped or loaded at once from some source?

My expectation would be that you could drag and drop them from the module, but this isn't the case. Maybe a feature request for the next update? Even better would be a script to auto-load standard conditions into the Conditions/Effects box.

psicodelix
July 4th, 2012, 21:27
Now we are busy with the upcoming Game Master Guide, but it's added to the TO-DO list ;)

kairos
July 5th, 2012, 00:44
Now we are busy with the upcoming Game Master Guide, but it's added to the TO-DO list ;)

Just wanted to say thanks for a great-looking ruleset!

psicodelix
July 5th, 2012, 06:21
You're welcome

Talen
July 7th, 2012, 16:33

If you are open to request, in addition to adding the modifiers, it would be great if they were defined as well ( similar to powers).

Regardless, the ruleset looks and functions great- the addition of the PowerPoint totaling is a very nice and functional feature!

psicodelix
July 7th, 2012, 18:21
If you are open to request, in addition to adding the modifiers, it would be great if they were defined as well ( similar to powers).

Sure, we need your feedback to improve the ruleset.

Regardless, the ruleset looks and functions great- the addition of the PowerPoint totaling is a very nice and functional feature!

I'm glad you like it :)

newgrace
July 7th, 2012, 21:40
I see another person is having the same problem I am, my players are unable to see the Hero's Handbook. I have tried both allowing, and now forcing, the module to load. On my wifes system, I can see the module listed (with a spiderweb over it?), but no book shows up in "The Net".

I have an ultimate license, and my players are connecting on unlicensed. The Call Of Cthulhu works correctly, but I am unable to get the book shared within the M&M ruleset.

Any ideas, did i screw something up?

DrakosDJ
July 8th, 2012, 07:45
I see another person is having the same problem I am, my players are unable to see the Hero's Handbook. I have tried both allowing, and now forcing, the module to load. On my wifes system, I can see the module listed (with a spiderweb over it?), but no book shows up in "The Net".

I have an ultimate license, and my players are connecting on unlicensed. The Call Of Cthulhu works correctly, but I am unable to get the book shared within the M&M ruleset.

Any ideas, did i screw something up?
Same problem here. The book shows up but they can't access it's contents and it is sort of greyed out. Happens when I allow download and/or force.

Andrepartthree
July 8th, 2012, 20:18
Awesome thank you so much ddavison :) (and anyone else who contributed to this :) )

ddavison
July 9th, 2012, 05:32
Hey DrakosDJ,

It looks like we rolled this out as a local-only module type. We've discussed it further, and while having each player buy their own copy would be more like the PDF version, it isn't really consistent with our other rulesets. We will be reverting this over to a sharable version and uploading a new version this week.

-Doug

DrakosDJ
July 9th, 2012, 06:10
Hey DrakosDJ,

It looks like we rolled this out as a local-only module type. We've discussed it further, and while having each player buy their own copy would be more like the PDF version, it isn't really consistent with our other rulesets. We will be reverting this over to a sharable version and uploading a new version this week.

-Doug
Awsome! Thanks for the update.

bford0001
July 11th, 2012, 04:56
Just a random bug fix. The tokens. The Gadgeteer is misspelled as Gadgetter.

TheMetal1
July 12th, 2012, 14:25
Just picked up the Ruleset yesterday, very glad to see you and Green Ronin putting this out. Just a few quick things.

1. Tried out Character Creation, fairly easy, drop and drag works for most things...except Powers. You have to "Create an Item" first. Just curious why that is considering everything else is drop/drag.

2. I input the power level, is there anyway you could include a warning or somethingthat lets you know the points you've purchased are over or under, at least when making an initial character. This would be similiar to the Hero Lab feature.

3. Any chance of getting a 2nd Edition and 1st Edition official ruleset down the line?

psicodelix
July 12th, 2012, 15:50
1. Tried out Character Creation, fairly easy, drop and drag works for most things...except Powers. You have to "Create an Item" first. Just curious why that is considering everything else is drop/drag.

It is because in a typical character sheet the power are grouped in arrays. That's the first level in the powers sheet.

2. I input the power level, is there anyway you could include a warning or somethingthat lets you know the points you've purchased are over or under, at least when making an initial character. This would be similiar to the Hero Lab feature.

Added to wishlist.

kairos
July 12th, 2012, 21:47
It is because in a typical character sheet the power are grouped in arrays. That's the first level in the powers sheet.

I think this is a limitation in the "physics" of dragging-and-dropping: you could probably add code to create a new power to the windowlist if you drop an effect on it and there are no powers listed yet. But after that, figuring out whether a dropped effect should create a new power or be added to an existing one might be difficult. :/

psicodelix
July 13th, 2012, 20:51
you're right

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2012, 23:00
Request from Tavern thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=127892#post127892) for resizable chat window like 3.5E and 4E.

Cheers,
JPG

psicodelix
July 15th, 2012, 11:32
Ok, thanks for the advice.

TalonKaine
July 20th, 2012, 14:50
Hey DrakosDJ,

-Doug

Greetings,

Let me start by saying thank your for creating this ruleset.. been waiting years for one for M&M. I was just wondering when you do release the new version how will I update my current copy? Just by hitting the update button in the Fantasy Grounds program? Or do I have to download an update through the website or something? Thanks.

ddavison
July 22nd, 2012, 17:05
We will probably send out an email. I'll make a post here as well.

I expect it will be picked up automatically by the update, but if not, the email will have instructions on re-downloading and applying the update.

DrakosDJ
July 22nd, 2012, 22:50

I expect it will be picked up automatically by the update, but if not, the email will have instructions on re-downloading and applying the update.
Speaking of the Updater. Every sinse I installed the M&M ruleset I get an error when updating saying something about the "Manifest".

wbcreighton
July 22nd, 2012, 23:05
Honestly, ever since 2.9 there have been some niggling issues with the updater. When I run the updater it usually stops the first time and gives me an error. When I run it again it is ok.

There might be info in this thread:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16741

Talen
July 27th, 2012, 19:58

Did this get rolled out as a shared resource?

DrakosDJ
August 11th, 2012, 05:19

ddavison, any word when this fix will be rolled out?

Thanks!

ddavison
August 13th, 2012, 04:30
Sorry for the delay. It still acts a bit strange and I haven't fully worked it out, but it now works if you force load it for players. They will then see it automatically in their library and links will now work for them.

You can re-download from your Store | Order History and re-install and you *should* be able to use the new Settings feature to provide your user id and password to get it auto-downloaded via the Update Available functionality on the splash page. The product id is GRR5501eFG2, so you should see that in the list once you put in your username/pwd.

DrakosDJ
August 13th, 2012, 05:41
Ok, I see the M&M ruleset listed in my order history, but there is no link to redownload it on that page. The good news is that when I loaded FGII to set up the settings as suggested, it said there were updates, and it downloaded it so I didn't have to do anything.

Thanks!

DrakosDJ
August 13th, 2012, 17:32
ddavison,

When I enter my login and password into settings, the M&M ruleset (GRR5501eFG2) is not displayer in the list of products. As stated in the above post, it seems to have downloaed the update last night but is does not show in my list of products. How do I add it there?

Thanks.

ddavison
August 13th, 2012, 18:26
There was an issue with the updater last night that required that I temporarily disable it. I should have the updater fixed for M&M tonight. In the meantime, you can redownload from your order history if you want.

Doug