PDA

View Full Version : Extend_CoC

GMBazUK
June 24th, 2012, 16:30
Slightly less functionality at this point than I would have liked, please find attached version 1 of Extend_CoC.
This is a derivative work of Dakadins excellent Extend_RMC extension which was in turn, reliant on the excellent work/assistance of others such as (but not exclusive to) Dakadin, Moon_wizard, Lachancery, Trenloe, Dr_Venture, Ardem, Nephilix, Hornet, JohnD, and Blackfoot.
It does not include all of the functionality of Extend_RMC but "cherry picks" some of its... nicer features:)

Those features include:
On image toolbar (Mask, Draw, Erase, Grid manipulation).
Token resizing via mouse-wheel.

Version 2 will include:
Image resizing from the radial menu (Original size, horizontal size, vertical size)

Followed by:
Encounters (to include export)
Resistance roll table look up

...any other features that either my skill or time, will allow.
Version 1

Baz.
-----------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 30th June 14.00 GMT
Version 2 - This includes image resizing from the radial menu as well as Encounters with export functionality.
Note: There is a problem with the Encounters icon if used with my Gaslight skin, but it is minor and will be fixed soon.

Version 2
REMOVED BY AUTHOR

UPDATE: 30th June 19.00 GMT

ExtendCoCGaslight Version 1. This package includes all the ExtendCoC functionality and the Gaslight skin in one extension.
REMOVED BY AUTHOR

ExtendCoC1920's Version 1. This package includes all the ExtendCoC functionality plus the extra icons to modify the stock ruleset to work with Encounters.
REMOVED BY AUTHOR

UPDATE: 01st July 11.00 GMT
ExtendCoCGaslight Version 1.1 . This package includes all the Extend_CoC functionality and the Gaslight skin in one extension.

ExtendCoC1920's Version 1.1 . This package includes all the Extend_CoC functionality plus the extra icons to modify the stock ruleset to work with Encounters.

Insanity
June 25th, 2012, 00:01
Nice...I will give it a look later tonight.

GMBazUK
June 25th, 2012, 08:21
Thanks Insanity. I haven't forgotten about your suggestions for improvements.

Baz.

Blue Haven
June 25th, 2012, 12:05
Very nice :) thank you ;)

GMBazUK
June 26th, 2012, 08:00
Your welcome Blue.
Baz.

Blue Haven
June 26th, 2012, 12:32
Keep them coming eh eh ;)
Thanks

GMBazUK
June 26th, 2012, 15:51
Oh, I get it. ;)
I'll do what I can as far as developing is concerned, but please be aware I'm not a programmer or coder or a computer tech etc... by profession, so for the most part its a learning exercise, and that can be a sloooooooow process with me... sometimes.:)
I'll do what I can though.
Baz.

Blue Haven
June 27th, 2012, 11:39
No Problem friend ;) i have time eh eh :)
Thanks

GMBazUK
June 30th, 2012, 13:17
Hi Everyone,
I have updated my original post to include a download link to Version 2 of Extend_CoC.
New features:
Image resizing functions from the Radial Menu
Encounters (including Export).
There will be more to come, including a minor update to deal with one or two graphical glitches (see below).

Please note, from my own limited testing I have found nothing untoward, other than a possible graphics glitch, if used with my Gaslight skin. The Encounters icon does not update from the 1920's one I have provided for those that want to Extend_CoC with out the Gaslightskin.
Also, if creating a new campaign, it is best to create it without the Gaslightskin extension selected. Activate the skin after. Hope that makes sense.
Obviously should you encounter any anomalies...

Baz.

Insanity
June 30th, 2012, 15:31
The new one appears to duplicate each button and icon on the right side; Characters, Items, Encounters...etc...

They're all functioning correct, just that there are doubles of them.

I reloaded same campaign, with and without either the Gaslight skin and the Extend CoC, and it only happens when the Extend CoC is used.

GMBazUK
June 30th, 2012, 15:42
So you're loading an existing campaign (don't forget to backup anything that is precious to you) getting duplicate icons with Extend_CoC and stock 1920's skin Insanity?

This was the principle anomaly that I noticed, but I was only getting it when creating a new campaign with Gaslight skin extension selected.
I am looking in to this as priority number one.
Could I ask you to create a new campaign without the Gaslight skin and see what you get.
Thanks in advance.
Baz.

Insanity
June 30th, 2012, 15:52
I was getting duplicate icons of both the Gaslight skin and the stock skin when using the Extend CoC.

Just created a new campaign using no extensions other then the Extend CoC and got the same issue.

GMBazUK
June 30th, 2012, 17:20
Ok, thanks.
What I do know is the ruleset has to accommodate the extra Encounters icon, and so far I have done very little to facilitate this other than some minor tweaking of the spacing etc. I also know, I've been particularly careful not to duplicate code or confuse template definitions...?
Any who, rest assured I'm working on a solution.
Baz.

GMBazUK
June 30th, 2012, 19:17
Hopefully my most recent update (see original post) has quashed those nasty graphical anomalies.
I think the donor ruleset was having a few problems with the skin extension and the functionality extension running separately. I've packaged both the Gaslight skin and the Extend_CoC in to one extension and from initial testing, all seems well.

Equally the Extend_CoC1920s includes a few extra graphics to allow for the encounters feature of Extend_CoC.

Please report any problems you may find. It might be worth connecting another single session locally, and checking all's still well, and of course before any testing DONT FORGET TO BACKUP ANYTHING THAT YOU WOULD HATE TO LOSE.
Baz.

Insanity
June 30th, 2012, 19:24
Sorry to say sir, just tried both of the extensions, and still get the duplicate graphics, with both preexisting and new campaigns.

Made sure each one was the only one active for the new campaigns and got the issue with each one.

GMBazUK
June 30th, 2012, 20:25
Hmmmm. Now I'm starting to feel stumped. I'm not seeing any graphical anomalies even when creating new campaigns. I recognise there is something amiss and i know this isnt ideal, but have you tried creating a new campaign without the extension and then adding it after Insanity?

Thanks for your help by the way.
I will fix this. I'll dig a little deeper tomorrow, and chop and change a few things. Im beginning to think that the basis upon which the CoC ruleset was designed, is not favourably disposed to extensions. The reason I say this, is following a chat I had with Dr Zeuss in the Workshop forum.
I wont give in though.
Baz.

Insanity
July 1st, 2012, 00:11
Created a new campaign w/o any extensions.
Closed it and reloaded with the Extend 1920s, nothing seemed wrong and the Encounters icon was there.
Reloaded with the Extend Gaslight, and had double icons.
Probably should not that I am on 2.8.1 still as my D&D group has not decided to make the change yet.

GMBazUK
July 1st, 2012, 05:05
I was wondering which version you were running Insanity, but I also still think there is an issue that needs addressing.
Dakadin the author of Extend RMC had a similar issue, and in true Dakadin style has kindly offered a solution, which I will look into today. In one way I'm a little relieved he had this issue as I was beginning to think it might be something that lay at the heart of the CoC ruleset, and it's relationship with FG v2.9
I'm somewhat more confident I can resolve it now.
Baz.

GMBazUK
July 1st, 2012, 11:19
Okay, lets try again. Please find attached version 1.1 of both ExtendCoC1920's and ExtendCoCGaslight (See original post), following Dakadins desktopmanager fix.

BACKUP ANYTHING YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO LOSE PRIOR TO TESTING

When testing, it would be helpful if you could check functionality with both a single incidence of FG and also with another locally connected incidence running as well.

Also please report which version of FG your using (v2.8, v2.9 etc), should you run into any problems, otherwise... Enjoy!:)

Baz.

P.S. I am open to suggestions as to the next improvement for CoC, although I would like to leave combat tracker related improvements in abeyance.

Insanity
July 1st, 2012, 13:08
Okay, created new campaign w/o any extensions.

Reloaded with ExtendCoC1920s' 1.1, there was no duplicates.
Connected to the game locally, no errors shown.
The encounters seemed to work fine.

Repeated the steps with the ExtendCoCGaslight 1.1, no duplicates.
Connected to game, no errors.
The encounters seemed to work fine.

Good work!

GMBazUK
July 1st, 2012, 13:46
Your a star Insanity. Thanks for your help... and thanks Dakadin for delivering the "coup de grace" to that annoying graphical glitch. Now on with the next update.

Baz.

Insanity
July 7th, 2012, 22:39
Not sure if this is only with existing campaigns, but loaded my server with the extensions and the upper right buttons, module activation, etc...could not be opened.

GMBazUK
July 8th, 2012, 20:13
Hmmm. I'm preparing for another release of CoC this week, but not sure why you're encountering the problem. I'll give it some thought. Thanks for the feedback.
Baz.

CounterpartJack
February 18th, 2013, 13:44
HI. I had the same problem, also when logging in to a hosted game (I could not use a portrait). Maybe the issue is with my installation, next time I'll log in with a demo version.

Not sure if this is only with existing campaigns, but loaded my server with the extensions and the upper right buttons, module activation, etc...could not be opened.

Isembard
February 18th, 2013, 20:03
Hi. I hosted the game CounterpartJack refers to. Another player also had an issue logging in.
Looking forward to the new release very much.