PDA

View Full Version : Update problems

Rashek
June 23rd, 2012, 04:46
I'm running a game as we speak and have run into a couple of issues already, first the "Placement" ability from encounters is not functioning? not sure why it always worked before.

and second when I tried to drag a spell into the NPC spell sheet from the 3.5 library all it gives me is a blank new spell, does this not function the same as the PC sheet?

if I discover more I'll post here

BTW I love the fact you guys are updating and Adding, I've owned this product for a long time, (2 full and 4 lites to be exact) and I thought for a while that it was going to die, Thank you for putting in all this work and effort, it is very appreciated.

Rashek

Moon Wizard
June 23rd, 2012, 08:38
Rashek,

Thanks for letting us know. I'll look into the items you reported.

A couple notes/questions:
* I assume you are running the 3.5E ruleset from your post.
* Which game system mode are you running in? (3.5E or PFRPG)
* Are you using any extensions for your campaign? (check launcher screen)
* If you are using any extensions, can you please disable and try those items again?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2012, 05:08
Rashek,

I just tried both items on my machine here, without any issues; so I'm going to need to get some more information. Please double-check that you have turned off all extensions, since this is the most likely issue.

Regards,
JPG

Rashek
June 26th, 2012, 22:38
Sorry for the Delay, I am using 3.5 (not PFRPG)

I did have the 3.5E theme - dungeon extension on

I use modules that I have created myself for most of my encounters, and it's when opened this way the Placement on to maps seem to have an issue. When I copied the Encounter into a new encounter it worked fine.

And when I turned off the extension the draging spells onto the sheet works fine, thanks

Moon Wizard
June 26th, 2012, 22:52
Thanks for the additional info. Very helpful.

One more question:
For the encounters, were you placing the monsters before or after you exported them?

Thanks,
JPG

Rashek
June 27th, 2012, 05:24
I exported the monsters from a previous campaign....Story, Images and Encounters where all Exported from Campaign A so I could use them again in Campaign B....but when I opened them up they where no longer placed, so I attempted to replace them on the map but it would not work...I then recreated the encounter quickly and was able to Place them on the map (then added the encounter to the combat table when the time was right)

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2012, 23:31
I found an issue where encounters stored in modules will generate errors on reload if tokens are placed on maps in the main campaign. Unfortunately, changing that code at this time will break any module previously exported for any ruleset, so I will not be able to fix this scenario in the short term.

If you have a different scenario, then please let me know.

Regards,
JPG