PDA

View Full Version : Problem with character manager.

morridinalthor
June 23rd, 2012, 01:13
When I try to create characters in the character manager I get an error that says Failed to find abilities node!

Any ideas/help ?

wbcreighton
August 3rd, 2012, 17:21
I'm not sure about this. Does this ruleset allow you to use the manage characters option ? Anyone ?

wbcreighton
August 3rd, 2012, 17:49
I also get the same error. :(

I'm not sure if manage characters was ever a function that worked in this ruleset. There have also been a few FG version changes since BRP was released and it is possible that the changes in FG version may have rendered this function inoperable for the BRP ruleset.

You'll need your players to connect to your server to make their pcs or you need to make them for your players ahead of game time.

Blackfoot
August 4th, 2012, 17:13
This could be an issue with 2.8+ I know a number of things changed in FG and there hasn't been any ruleset work since then.

Griogre
August 4th, 2012, 23:03
I don't have the ruleset, but it's likely manage character never worked for lite and presumably unregistered versions in this ruleset. Manage characters has only ever worked on a handful of rulesets for the lite version and often it mostly works on the Full and presumably the Ultimate versions. I'm only aware of the rulesets made personally made by Smiteworks (3.5/Pathfinder, 4E) and GURPs having full manage character support.