PDA

View Full Version : MERPtokens

GMBazUK
June 21st, 2012, 10:09
Before anyone gets too excited:) , these are some tokens that I made a while ago for my up and coming (probably never to be completed, or run) MERP campaign.

I love those letter tokens that come with FG, so mine are in a similar vein. They are letter tokens to represent the various military orders within Gondor and some additional ones for the Dunlendings.
The curious cryptic coding that represents each set is as follows:
GondorMA - Gondorian Militia Army
GondorMN - Gondorian Militia Navy
GondorRA - Gondorian Royal Army
GondorRN - ...you get the gist (Royal Navy).

This is version 1 and it is my intention to add to this set to cover other cultures and races. Of course, you are free to do with them as you wish.
They are based on a 50x50 basic token.
As I dont have the option to upload mod files, I've provided the zip. As most of you know, just rename the .zip to .mod, place in your modules folder, activate in RMC and bingo. Enjoy.

Baz

RMC_MERPtokens version 1 Dunedain and Dunlendings.

Harbinger
January 8th, 2013, 15:06
Nice, thank you for the tokens and other links!

GMBazUK
January 10th, 2013, 11:19
Thanks for your gratitude Harbinger :)

Baz.

damned
January 10th, 2013, 11:58
They are indeed nice tokens...
They definitely have a Tolkeinish feel about them.

GMBazUK
January 11th, 2013, 23:36
Thanks damned. That's very kind.:).
Baz

bennis1980
January 12th, 2013, 00:00
Nice tokens. I'm surprised people are only spotting them now, what with them up 6mths or more. Cheers for the share

Harbinger
January 12th, 2013, 00:47
Well I have an excuss Bennis, hehe I'm very new as you know..cya at the game.

Mac77
July 28th, 2018, 22:56
Nice, adds a bit more flavor, thank you.

healthy1nz
November 12th, 2018, 07:57
I have recently revisited the love of MERP by rereading the 1e and 2e books and I'm curious if there is a ruleset that can be used with Fantasy Grounds?

Trenloe
November 12th, 2018, 10:05
I have recently revisited the love of MERP by rereading the 1e and 2e books and I'm curious if there is a ruleset that can be used with Fantasy Grounds?
The closest you’ll get is the RoleMaster ruleset. Which will allow you to play as most of the MERP material had stats for RoleMaster.

But there is no library material for MERP, because FG doesn’t have the right (discussed elsewhere).

damned
November 12th, 2018, 11:16
If Rolemaster doesnt work for you Im happy to have a look at it with you...

BlackCultist
November 12th, 2018, 15:52

The closest you’ll get is the RoleMaster ruleset. Which will allow you to play as most of the MERP material had stats for RoleMaster.

But there is no library material for MERP, because FG doesn’t have the right (discussed elsewhere).

The Rolemaster ruleset (essentially RMC) is fine. It's all the content that needs the work (MERP specific races, monsters, etc..). I have done a bit of work on this for myself, but, as mentioned, the licensing restrictions will prevent sharing, even as a community mod (I believe).

Nice tokens by the way GMBazUK . Do you have them in a larger size?

damned
November 12th, 2018, 21:40
The Rolemaster ruleset (essentially RMC) is fine. It's all the content that needs the work (MERP specific races, monsters, etc..). I have done a bit of work on this for myself, but, as mentioned, the licensing restrictions will prevent sharing, even as a community mod (I believe).

Nice tokens by the way GMBazUK . Do you have them in a larger size?

Statblocks that dont contain fluff text and dont contain copyright Names can be shared.