PDA

View Full Version : And yet another time: chatlog is broken

The Crusader of Metal
June 21st, 2012, 03:01
First, I'd like to say thank you for version 2.9. I really loved the new features, especially the Calendar + Log option, that made me very happy!

However it has broken the chatlog again :( The HTML that is being output currently is:

3.5E v2.9 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II. Copyright 2012 Smiteworks USA, LLC.</font><br />
'Cleber' connected</font><br />
[GM] [TABLE] Tabela teste = [Unable to find result row or column]</font> [1d2 = 1]<br />
[GM] [TABLE] Tabela teste = [Unable to find result row or column]</font> [2d10 = 15]<br />
'Matheus E' connected</font><br />
'Cristiane' connected</font><br />
<br />
<b>Chat log started at 20.6.2012 / 22:28:11</b><br/>
<br />
Irthos -> [DAMAGE #2] Dano de Gelo (Hyinen) [TYPE: cold,spell]</font> [1d6 = 3]<br />
[GM] Damage [3] -> [to Big Bad Test Wolf]</font><br />
Azzet: testando o chatlog</font><br />
Azzet: deve ter bugado tudo se conheço o fg</font><br />
Azzet diz oi</font><br />
Campaign saved.</font><br />
todos morrem. fim.</font><br />
GM: a</font><br />
Matheus: emotivo</font><br />
Matheus: OOC</font><br />
Beowulf: Oi</font><br /> As it can be seen, the <font> start tag is missing. The log is very important to us, any change of it being fixed soon?

We're using 3.5E. I've already tried disabling all extensions to no success.

Also, what's the correct term for "holy" damage to be used in effects and such?

Razi the Dragon
June 21st, 2012, 03:39
To all the devs understand why we need this fixed, take a look at what "Crusader of Metal" (our DM) developed to use with the chatlogs:

Razi the Dragon
June 26th, 2012, 01:17
Quoted from a song of Dragonriders of Pern:

Why, oh why, the empty Weirs?

Seriously guys, at least give us something to hope for.

We actually delayed our campaign in a hope that you would answer and maybe promise a small fix for it, but not even the answer?

ddavison
June 26th, 2012, 05:06
I bubbled it up to Moon_wizard. He's been working on tracking down several issues with the new installer and has been squashing bugs as quickly as he can. We had hoped to identify any significant bugs or changes to functionality by putting version 2.9 into beta for some time and unfortunately this issue wasn't captured during that exhaustive process. I'll leave it to Moon_wizards to post an ETA.

Moon Wizard
June 26th, 2012, 23:04
v2.9.1 beta test version is live (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16789), and contains a fix for this issue.

Please check it out and let me know if it's addressed for you.

Thanks,
JPG

The Crusader of Metal
June 28th, 2012, 00:10
Aye, it did fix the issue. Thank you very much! :)

ddavision mentioned a beta... was that an internal, closed or open beta? If it was the last one, is there a place where I could register to receive an email when one is avaliable? I don't visit the forums all too often so I may have missed the announcement.

Moon Wizard
June 28th, 2012, 02:57
I announce the betas in the Laboratory forum on the web site currently.

What would be the best way to let you know of new beta? (Google+ feed, e-mail, ...) I've been thinking about the best way to notify people of new version testing.

Thanks,
JPG

The Crusader of Metal
June 28th, 2012, 03:08
Any of them would work for me, though I think e-mail is the more trustworthy than social. I am speaking for myself here, but I believe it is easier for someone to miss an update on any social network than an email.

Since you are here...
what's the correct term for "holy" damage to be used in effects and such?I believe that doesn't exist in 4E and the 3.5E implementation kind of borowed that from 4E. I've tried radiant, but that doesn't work either.

Moon Wizard
June 28th, 2012, 03:10
Here's the list from the ruleset. I would guess that "good" is the closest.

dmgtypes = {
"acid", -- ENERGY DAMAGE TYPES
"cold",
"electricity",
"fire",
"sonic",
"force", -- OTHER SPELL DAMAGE TYPES
"positive",
"negative",
"adamantine", -- WEAPON PROPERTY DAMAGE TYPES
"bludgeoning",
"cold iron",
"epic",
"magic",
"piercing",
"silver",
"slashing",
"chaotic", -- ALIGNMENT DAMAGE TYPES
"evil",
"good",
"lawful",
"nonlethal", -- MISC DAMAGE TYPE
"spell"
};

Cheers,
JPG

The Crusader of Metal
June 28th, 2012, 03:14
Here's the list from the ruleset. I would guess that "good" is the closest.Or positive, too.

And yet another time, thanks. +1

Callum
July 2nd, 2012, 12:50
"Good" is definitely the tag that should be used for holy weapons, as you can see from the d20SRD description of the holy special ability (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#holy):

A holy weapon is imbued with holy power. This power makes the weapon good-aligned and thus bypasses the corresponding damage reduction.

The Crusader of Metal
July 2nd, 2012, 13:58
"Good" is definitely the tag that should be used for holy weapons, as you can see from the d20SRD description of the holy special ability (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#holy):Aye, I noticed we were well, wrong, regarding the holy damage type, which doesn't exist. The reason for our confusion was that some spells do 'holy' damage which can't be reduced in any way.