PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Update to 2.9

AMonkeyWithAFez
June 19th, 2012, 15:31
I have a Windows 7 Machine running Windows Firewall. Turned off everything on the firewall but I am still getting hung up at updating UpdaterEngine.exe. I uninstalled FG II and tried reinstalling from Web Installer, but I am still having the same issue. It begins the update, and just sits there not moving.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Monkey

AMonkeyWithAFez
June 19th, 2012, 15:40
Update.

I tried running UpdaterEngine.exe on its own. It ran in an endless loop that I could not exit from. It did not do anything but open and close endlessly... I had to restart my computer.

Very Strange...

Blue Haven
June 19th, 2012, 17:11
Good luck with this...the new "web install" to me, didn't create a folder at all and just inserted files where it wants...lucky me it throw them in the root folder lol...
Please someone fix this problem :)
Thanks

Griogre
June 20th, 2012, 01:31
AMonkeyWithAFez make sure you Anti-Virus has not quarantined the FG updater. Start your AV and look at quarantined items. If the FG updater is in there, tell the AV to un-quarantine it and that the file is OK and not to check it.

AMonkeyWithAFez
June 20th, 2012, 18:37
Thanks for the tip. Today I went to update and it worked without issue. There was nothing that my antivirus had quarantined, I'm using Windows Defender. Got me what it was, but I'm glad it did, I have a game tonight.

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2012, 04:06
Blue Haven,

The installer uses the folder defined in your settings for installation and updating files.

By default (i.e. if the settings are not defined in the registry), it uses "%Program Files%/Fantasy Grounds II" for the application directory and "%APPDATA%\Fantasy Grounds II" for the data directory.

You might want to check the settings to make sure that the app/data directories are pointing to the right place.

Regards,
JPG

Blue Haven
June 22nd, 2012, 09:22
All checked and good to go :) but it happens the same thing everytime :(
Thanks friend