PDA

View Full Version : Effects...

Whaley
June 19th, 2012, 01:48
Ok so i have been pouring over the threads about templates and i get a few ideas but my question is this, how do i actually build an effect? Example; Bleed, Enraged, Dazed just to name a few. I have been trying to figure this out and i can only get the example stoopified to work. So i get the idea, Name followed by a ; then what you are effecting. my question is this what is the abbreviations for these? attack is ATK, damage reduction is DR? what else or if you can point me to the reference that would be great. Thanks

Nestor
June 19th, 2012, 02:39
it is here, at the bottom of the page.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_effects_35E.xcp

not the best examples, but it is what we got

if you need specifics, just ask, we are happy to help

jedorian
June 19th, 2012, 03:23
The "Label: Conditions" portion of the 3.5 user guide has quite a large list of effects that the CT will support. All you have to do is enter the word into the effect line for the character/creature and it will automatically make all the adjustments to any rolls or whatever.
Its worth it to take a few moments to enter each one of these into the "Effects" box for your campaign(s) so that you can quickly apply any sort of condition to a player or creature. You can also control what the players have access to by selecting if the effect is viewable for the GM or ALL.
I like to put various combat maneuvers into the Effects box, too. Things like Power Attack, Deadly Aim, and whatnot. You can have it set up so that the adjustment is availble for any player that might like to use it. ATK: -1; DMG: 2, for instance, for Power Attack users at low levels. You can scale that as they level up and increase the feat's ability. You can also put armor class adjustments in the Effects box for things such as Charging, using Combat Expertise, fighting defensively, and whatever.
In the Modifier box, I like to put entries for Flanking, Charging, Casting Defensively, using High Ground, and so on. Since those only adjust the attack roll, you can have them available for the players to use when they'd like to. Saves you alot of time as DM so that you're not always the one making every single tiny little adjustment for everybody. You just have to drill it in the player's head at times that if they want those bonuses or adjustments, then they'd better start using the tools available to them in the game. :D

Just read over both the Label: Conditions and Label: Modifiers sections of the user guide and you'll get a good idea of what to do with the CT. If you need more detailed instruction, we're always around to help out.