PDA

View Full Version : Shazam! aka Enhanced Images Extension

Olodrin
June 18th, 2012, 23:06
Hey all,

I have an idea, and I'm looking for a solution. I have two identical maps, one for PCs before they turn on a machine, and the other for after they turn on a machine.

Is it possible to use the EnIEx in the following manner:

Post-machine map is on bottom layer
Pre-machine map is on middle layer

When the PCs turn on the machine, I delete the map from the middle layer, so it looks like they flipped a switch and all the lights came on

Thanks,
Olodrin

Trenloe
June 18th, 2012, 23:14
You wouldn't specifically have the maps as images in FG terms (in the images directory of the campaign), but as tokens. The enhanced images extension only processes tokens on the 3 layers - the base image (usually the map or background) is essentially lower than the lowest layer in the enhanced image.

So, yes you could have the "maps" as tokens and either have before on the middle and after on the bottom - with the middle layer obscuring the bottom layer, then delete the middle layer token to show the bottom layer. I have used some large tokens in conjunction with the enhanced images extension before (ships, for example) - but I haven't' used very large tokens. The success of this approach might depend on the size of the maps in token form...