PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Looking for Recruits (RP Heavy)

bhalverson
June 18th, 2012, 22:17
Hello everyone,

usually I'm not one to do this as I prefer playing with close friends, but you know, everyone's life gets kind of busy and only having a couple players to attend each session ... D&D gets kind of ... slow to say the least.

SOOO! I have taken the 'initiative' and hopped onto these forums in search of able adventurers willing to join up with complete strangers and perhaps have everyone get to know one another and enjoy some good ol' D&D / PF.

We have a 7 player max limit (2-3 players already playing for the most part, 4 slots open) and 1 DM of course. It's going to be kind of a first come, first serve basis, but we do have "Prerequisites" that I will be going over shortly:

Our play style is VERY roleplay heavy, sometimes we could be in a tavern talking with the bar maid for 2 hours straight real time (rarely happens, but nevertheless, it could happen depending on the event). The DM and myself are both players who believe it is HIGHLY important to have character development, backstory and awesome interaction with those around them.

If your character is the type to LOVE gold with all his heart and we see a stash of gold deep in some temple, surrounded by traps, I expect you to run with all your might to that gold without even thinking once, "oh hey there's traps everywhere." This of course is just an example of some crazy RP-able character.

We don't take meta-gaming kindly, or power hungry players, but of course if it's all in RP, being a tyrant who seeks power to over throw his enemies is something that could work out in the end.

I understand most hardcore Pathfinders / D&Ders are well aware of monsters and items in the book and there's no avoiding that (I myself am one of them); so when it comes down to "planning your characters path to epicness", that's alright, as long as it's not your main focus; unless of course you're an inventor sort, then invent away and create magic gears for the team to abuse haha.

lastly and most importantly, I'll recap on the power hungry bit. We're not here to mix a TON of classes to make some 10,000 damage dealing brute (we usually just stick to Pathfinder SRD things only, no 3rd party). However, we are aware that some classes in Pathfinder really don't have "decent" PrC's to advance into so we accept a few 3.5 things with the DM's permission, 3.5 things only being classes, PrC's or items; not races / templates.

NOW!! as for the Game and joining... I won't give much away because we're looking for a dedicated bunch who love RPing and Pathfinder in general, so if what I spoke of totally gets your gears going, I'd love to see some posts ^_^ once we have "interviewed" a few haha, we'll move to the next process of getting you into the Facebook group and play times and the story in general. Every once in awhile we use vent, team speak or C3, but usually we'll just keep it text based.

Um, also as a side note, we are aware peoples lives should come before D&D and thus with jobs and what not, we don't have a static play time, Our DM tries his best to post on facebook when everyone is available so we can set up play times. And we won't NOT play if you're not available, but everyone else is. We usually put you on autopilot and he RPs you to the best of his ability based on what you gave him. This of course does have it's limit, max 2 players on auto pilot (as long as there's 3-4 players able to play, we'd be good to auto pilot the rest). We don't believe that people should just SHOW UP out of nowhere and get along with the party. If my character doesn't trust outsiders, you better have a damn good reason to want to join our party (we don't usually kick away players, but have a way of implementing them... through any means necessary :) haha).

Alright so as for the story...

My only hints on the campaign to give you are these:

Oceans (above and below), Ships, Treasures (fast exp and rewards), Artifacts and Wishes, Demons and other outsiders, and Inventions/Magic.

bhalverson
June 19th, 2012, 01:20
Also... sorry if I came off too strong haha, we're actually a pretty laid back group and always include humor in our campaigns. A healthy mix of emotions ;D I always love playing the comic relief characters that are just insane haha.

bhalverson
June 19th, 2012, 01:22
Also... update from the DM, we're just going to keep it simple and go strictly Pathfinder, no 3.5 (anything on the d20PFSRD.com site is legit and allowed, all but the 3rd party or fan made things). Homebrew up for debate ... (such as switching casting types for classes: witch or wizard casting like a sorcerer, sorcerer like a wizard, etc.; Some balance out, some need to be balanced.)

Nestor
June 19th, 2012, 02:36
When will sessions be held?

please list your time zone (the whole world is watching)

wrathof42
June 19th, 2012, 03:17
What days are you looking at as well?

jedorian
June 19th, 2012, 03:33
I wish my gaming group had more enthusiasm for heavy roleplay. I can generally hear crickets chirping when there's 'acting' to be done. Out of curiosity, what level is your game at?

bhalverson
June 19th, 2012, 04:25
Hey all, didn't expect responses this fast :D

I am currently in mountain time (Colorado), but our DM is on Eastern time (Florida) and we usually play around 2pm mountain or 4pm Eastern (same time). Regarding the days that is usually up for debate as our DM currently has a job that has random days off n such and same applies to a couple players (one's currently fighting a fire here in colorado so he's usually away for a few days at a time for now).

But I'm more interested in hearing about the people over when things will happen (we're pretty flexible and always post updates on our facebook page in regards to play times and when everyone can get together).

So if you want, just shoot me a private message or post on here how you feel you meet the qualifications for what we're looking for :D I'm pretty chill and willing to accept just about anyone hehe, already got one message and they look promising :) so message away and we'll try our best to give folks a fair trial ^_^

bhalverson
June 19th, 2012, 04:28
@Jedorian - haha, I'm sorry to hear that, I totally know how that is. One of my friends hosted a session once and when I was away, nobody talked in RP or anything... as you said... crickets. But we're starting at lvl 7 I believe (we started at earlier levels and made our way up already, but as I said, the party started getting busy with life so we stopped briefly... I actually made it to 8 because I ended up having to auto-pilot 4-6 players haha, yay extra EXP hehe).

The campaign is taking a minor revamp and clicking the refresh button so we can bring in some new people and get them caught up with what's going on.

Spymaster4
June 24th, 2012, 20:41
This seems like a fun. I'm a little new to fantasy grounds but I have used similar programs like it. If it's not too late I would like to throw my hat into the ring.

DynamicZ
June 24th, 2012, 20:43
You can throw your hat into the ring. I'm Daniel one of the acting DMs since we now have 2 campaigns going on. PM your contact info and we can get to talking :)

DedmeetDM
June 30th, 2012, 16:40
Hello,

I would like to be considered as well. I am very familiar with pathfinder and am looking to play for once (I am usually the DM).

RP Heavy sounds right up my alley. :)

DynamicZ
June 30th, 2012, 23:48
Thats awesome. Basically we have 2 stories going on right now one of which I DM another is DMed by one of the other players.

Campaign 1) The overall "quest" hasn't been established; its kind of sandbox style. We have an intelligent wizard, a crafty magus, and I play a ****y teenage fire based monk.

My Campaign) Players are searching for 7 mystic artifacts that when brought together are said to be able to grant the heart's greatest desire. The players located an demonic empowered eye from a long dead evil warrior that has a map to the 7 artifacts imprinted within it by use of demonic magic. The party includes: a female wizard, a lawful paladin, a strix gunslinger, a powerful fighter, a disgruntled dwarf, and a kitsune druid with her dire wolf companion

Mgrancey
July 2nd, 2012, 20:54
Sounds like fun campaigns, are you still looking for people and if so when do you usually end up playing, I am interested but I don't want to try and get into a game that my schedule would conflict with. Playing I am usually exploration and story oriented and use or find creative solutions to problems.

saffysaff
July 5th, 2012, 02:09
I like the sound of this

DynamicZ
July 5th, 2012, 02:22
Well we currently have enough players to suit our needs. We will keep you guys in mind and contact you directly if we need more players. At this time, we are full up.

I'd like to thank you all for your intrest and I hope we can play with you all in the future :)