PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG

daddystabz
June 18th, 2012, 21:37
Anyone looking at making a framework for the new Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG by Goodman Games?

primarch
June 19th, 2012, 00:51
Anyone looking at making a framework for the new Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG by Goodman Games?

Hi!

I second this question. :)

Primarch

Blue Haven
June 19th, 2012, 17:07
Bump on this one :P

primarch
June 19th, 2012, 17:48
Hi!

I'll tell ya, I'm even willing to PAY to have it done if there is no one already doing it.

If there are any takers drop me a PM.

Primarch

primarch
June 23rd, 2012, 23:04
Hi!

I've petitioned Mr. Joseph Goodman of Goodman Games to consider asking the FG people to produce a ruleset for DCC RPG. We'll see what his opinion on the matter is.

Primarch

damned
June 24th, 2012, 11:13
i wonder if you are aware of how much time it takes to port a game into fg2... its definitely not a trivial task... if any of you have some coding skills you might want to look at the LUA and XML of another ruleset and see if it something you might be willing to take on as a challenge?

primarch
June 24th, 2012, 17:28
i wonder if you are aware of how much time it takes to port a game into fg2... its definitely not a trivial task... if any of you have some coding skills you might want to look at the LUA and XML of another ruleset and see if it something you might be willing to take on as a challenge?

Hi!

Oh, I'm all too aware of the massive amount of effort that it would require. I have even considered to take classes to learn programing and learn how to do it myself. :)

Of course it will be a long time before I had enough skill to do it, that's why I contacted Mr. Goodman from Goodman Games.

His response was that he was thankful for the idea and while he currently had no plans for it, but as of now it was a possibility for the future.

I guess that's our best bet for now. :)

Primarch

spoofer
July 5th, 2012, 05:49
I just want to add my support. I also would purchase such a rule set if it was available.

Kevin

daddystabz
July 6th, 2012, 15:51
I'd purchase it in a heartbeat.

daveculp
July 13th, 2012, 23:06
I would gladly pay for a DCC ruleset in FG!

sturtus
July 27th, 2012, 14:30
ABSOLUTELY.

Is there a git group or something for FG development so the community could collaborate on this stuff?

DCC is SRD based, so there would be a starting point.

acseric
September 5th, 2012, 20:16
I would buy this in a heartbeat.

My group really wants to switch over to DCC. At this point, the players have even been floating the idea of using another VTT that supports DCC better.

How hard would it be to use the 3.5 ruleset and add the new dice to it? (d3, d5, d7,
d14, d16, d24, d30) How easy is it to modify the character sheet?

primarch
September 5th, 2012, 21:58
I would buy this in a heartbeat.

My group really wants to switch over to DCC. At this point, the players have even been floating the idea of using another VTT that supports DCC better.

How hard would it be to use the 3.5 ruleset and add the new dice to it? (d3, d5, d7,
d14, d16, d24, d30) How easy is it to modify the character sheet?

Hi!

I'm in the same boat. I would prefer using fantasy grounds, but it doesn't support the DCC RPG dice, so I've been shopping around for another VTT just to run this game.

Tabletop Forge, Roll20 and iTabletop all seem to be working on virtual dice that support DCC RPG dice.

I really wish FG would make it easier to customize/create rulesets. Currently its too unfriendly for games in which no rulesets exist for it.

Primarch

damned
September 6th, 2012, 05:18
its not really that it is unfriendly - its the game mechanics that are unfriendly...
you can roll any dice you want from the chat line /die 1d427

spoofer
September 6th, 2012, 22:42
I play DCC using Google+ and the Roll20 app. That means no character sheets, no automation, etc. Nothing, really.

Meanwhile, I also taught myself enough to create a library of mods containing links to graphic images. I am toying with the idea of making jpegs for every table. Once it is set up, everything is just a few clicks away... even better than using the actual book!

But to set up a linkable character and automation... :cry:

spoofer
October 13th, 2012, 02:58
So the 4e game is winding up, and I am now looking at how to play DCC using FGII. At this point, I have decided to run the game using the Foundation rule set, and create a library of jpeg images of the various tables such as the crit and fumble tables. We have a chat window, dice, image sharing with masking, and a very primitive combat tracker that does not even have a way to change init. order. This means we will be playing off of printed character sheets.

If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. Is there a rule set that is a bit more sophisticated that would be better for this? I would like two more functions:

tracking hp on the combat tracker
tracking init order on the combat tracker

I guess we could use the 4e rule set and just ignore the character sheets, etc. But I really like the bare bone feel of the Foundation interface.

Kevin

hawkwind
October 30th, 2012, 19:32
you could just use the basic3.5 rule set and use this https://purplesorcerer.com/news/?page_id=215 to look up criticals and spell effects using the web version

sturtus
March 22nd, 2013, 20:54
BUMP BUMP BUMP.

I downloaded the old d20 and the 3.5 rulesets, expanding the .pak files, to tear them open and figure out what was going on.

I think breaking these things down considerably, adding a zocchi dice roller (youch), and creating all those random tables is an epic task. As the father of a young child, I can honestly say there's not enough hours in life to pull this crap off, but I'd gladly pay $30 for the ruleset. Even $50.

Is there another ruleset that is practically AD&D or 2nd Ed that might be closer to the point and make the task easier?

daddystabz
March 22nd, 2013, 22:14
I play a great deal over Google + Hangouts and the Roll 20 addon and it is awesome.

spoofer
March 23rd, 2013, 04:59
This is what we settled on. We also like it.

primarch
March 23rd, 2013, 22:21
This is what we settled on. We also like it.

Hi!

I settled on this option too. I stress the word SETTLED. While roll20 is a nifty little VTT, I am way to accustomed (spoiled) to Fantasy Grounds and I would cast aside roll20 if Fantasy Grounds came up with a DCC ruleset.

I hope at some point the Fantasy Grounds guys can make it possible to either easily make or modify rulesets because right no its too high a bar to surpass.

Maybe that day is not too far off. :)

Primarch

S Ferguson
March 28th, 2013, 23:09
You don't have to worry about ignoring the ruleset. Try Castles and Crusades. It's about as close to 1st ed. AD&D as you're going to get. In fact I run A lot of original AD&D modules and extensions on it. It has all the classes of the core game, and plays almost like it to a tee. But that was the designers intent....:)

daddystabz
April 17th, 2013, 05:36
Any chance we will get an extension for DCC?

Macgreine
May 3rd, 2013, 02:30
Is anyone actively running a DCC game on any VT? I would love to play and learn the system. It looks like something I would really enjoy.

S Ferguson
May 6th, 2013, 02:40
I was thinking about it. I just have a very tight schedule for the next few weeks. I'll have to decide then.