PDA

View Full Version : Masking images

GMBazUK
June 18th, 2012, 15:14
Has something happened to the masking of images function in CoC.

I've tried to find it and cannot.

There doesn't appear to be a preferences toggle for it.

Perhaps some kind soul could help clear up my confusion.

Baz.

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 19:00
It's not available via the right click radial menu, under the Layers submenu?

JPG

GMBazUK
June 18th, 2012, 19:23
Hmmmm! There looks to be space for it though. At first I thought one of the extensions I had loaded could be interfering with it, so I switched them all off.
Then I thought I'd checked some of the screen shots in this forum, to see the masking function in action, and sure enough there it was. Of course it was, what was I thinking.:)
Then I checked the ruleset icons folder for further proof.

Unfortunately the plot thickens. There is no mask function in the Rolemaster ruleset either, just a convenient space for the missing icon.

Baz.

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 19:31
Hmm, here are the screenshots I have from the CoC ruleset. You can see the Layers icon in lower right in the first image, and the Enable Mask icon on the right in the second image.

Are you not seeing these?
Also, are you trying to mask a pure drawing, or an image in the images folder of the campaign?

Thanks,
JPG

Insanity
June 18th, 2012, 21:15
There is a mask function, perhaps your ruleset got corrupted?

Right click on the image for the radial menu, the layers is the 4th one clockwise from the top, then Enable Mask is 2nd one clockwise.

GMBazUK
June 18th, 2012, 23:26
I feel an over arching sense of embarrassment guys. I haven't checked it myself yet, but I was indeed attempting to mask a pure image, if you like.
Apologies for the false alarm. I was working on an extension to add some drawing and masking functionality to the ruleset, so had created a temporary test campaign to speed loading, and completely forgot about the masking function only working with images rather than drawings in the images folder. :o

Baz.

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 23:35
No worries, done that myself. When we redo the image functionality, it's one of the things to address.

Cheers,
JPG