PDA

View Full Version : crit table mod

Iceman
June 18th, 2012, 15:08
Can someone post the info or link to the quickest and easiest way to modify the crit/fumble tables in the new 2.9 for 3.5e?

I would like to add an electroshock feature that zaps my players when my baddies crit them.
:D

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 18:48
It depends on if you want to define your own Critical Hit table, or just adjust the current one. The Critical Hit and Fumble tables can be accessed from the Tables button in the upper right, and selecting the Critical Hits and Fumbles tab on the bottom. (the module must be loaded already)

If you want to make your own, then you need to define a table labeled "Critical Hit" and a table labeled "Fumble", and populate with your own results.

If you want to modify, then open the existing crit/fumble module and modify the table entries. You can reset back to original by using radial menu Revert option from table list.

Regards,
JPG

Iceman
June 19th, 2012, 01:13
I see the tables 'in game' and am happy I dont have to do any XML programming outside FG to get this done!
But shouldn't the effects apply automatically to the target?
And is there an effects summary page showing nomenclature and what is available to use?
Finally, my crits are broken down by damage type. Is there a way for the table to see that the weilder is using a blunt weapon and then go to the blunt crit table?
Thanks!

It depends on if you want to define your own Critical Hit table, or just adjust the current one. The Critical Hit and Fumble tables can be accessed from the Tables button in the upper right, and selecting the Critical Hits and Fumbles tab on the bottom. (the module must be loaded already)

If you want to make your own, then you need to define a table labeled "Critical Hit" and a table labeled "Fumble", and populate with your own results.

If you want to modify, then open the existing crit/fumble module and modify the table entries. You can reset back to original by using radial menu Revert option from table list.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2012, 01:15
No, the critical and fumble tables are simply informational. They don't apply any effects in the game. Though, I believe it was already added to the wish list, if you want to vote on it. See my sig.

JPG