PDA

View Full Version : 4E Tree of Life

Zeus
June 17th, 2012, 18:34
Hey All,

Now that v2.9 has touched down, here's a new extension which enables a DM to convert PCs to NPCs and vice versa. Its not 100% perfect but as I have had limited time to test I am hoping the community can help out in identifying any issues. All fields are used in the conversion process including powers, items and weapons, however no fields are linked in this initial release (still working on whether this is possible).

Once converted, PC/NPCs can still be tweaked by the DM as required. For NPC->PC conversions this should mainly comprise equipment linking and weapon abilities setup. Either way, it should be much faster than manually converting PCs->NPCs and vice versa.

As always, make sure you back up your campaign (and your player characters!) before using this initial release.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7075/7387539638_80a40fcc78_t.jpg

4E Tree of Life - 17th June 2012 - v1.0

Updated desktop with new panel and windowclass; dragging and dropping either a PC (from Character Selection window) or an NPC (campaign/library referencelink) to the Tree of Life icon will result in a new NPC/PC being created in Character Selection or Campaign NPC windowlists (accordingly). Initial version converts majority of sheet fields, including equipment, weapons and powers however no objects are cross-linked or referenced.

The extension along with a readme.txt file (containing usage instructions) can be found on my site (see banner in sig for link).

Enjoy!

DrZ

gmkieran
June 21st, 2012, 17:01
awesomesauce!!! and I haven't even used it, yet. ;) been wishing for this functionality since the first time I took up the GM's mantle in FG and couldn't find a way to keep my PC as an NPC effectively. Thanks, DrZ!!!

Cheers!
GMK

khersheyjr
June 23rd, 2012, 05:35
Thanks DrZeuss.

This extension is a great tool that I am enjoying a lot :) Muhahaha

Jim1829
September 22nd, 2014, 06:03
Does this still work with the most recent version of FG? I'm getting this error: Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (charlist_host : charsheet)

Jim1829
September 22nd, 2014, 06:11
Addendum: I'm running Alternate Would Colors v1.00.01 and Languages v3.3b with the 4E ruleset as well.

Jim1829
September 22nd, 2014, 06:15
Ok, so I disabled all of the other extensions and ran only Tree of Life. Same error.

Jim1829
October 5th, 2014, 16:39
Wow, two weeks without an answer? :( Where's the love?

Griogre
October 5th, 2014, 18:47
You should probably PM Zeus and ask. I think he's busy with development work right now and might have missed this post. It does sound like the extension doesn't work in 3.0.8.

Trenloe
October 5th, 2014, 23:14
Yeah, this was for V2.9 - with 4E now using the layered CoreRPG functionality, this extension will need updating to work with FG 3.0.