PDA

View Full Version : 2.9 "Features"

Doswelk
June 17th, 2012, 08:19
Just been testing 2.9 and Savage Worlds 3.2 (Build 35) and already found an issue:

When a player targets an NPC the combat tracker does not show the PC portrait.

I'll post others as I find them...

phantomwhale
June 17th, 2012, 20:23
Good spot - will be tracking this thread for other 2.9 issues, and looking to get a new release out very soon.

Griogre
June 18th, 2012, 18:02
Its been noted on another thread but when the GM presses the Control or Alt keys the input prompt for the chat window no longer changes from "Chat" to "Story" or "OOC" respectively. Instead it always just says "Chat". However after the text is typed in and the enter key is pressed and the results are displayed in the chat window, the prompt does actually change briefly to "Story" or "OOC". Input text is displayed in chat correctly, only the prompt is after the fact.

dberkompas
June 21st, 2012, 19:51
I'm very new to FG, but have noticed recently after I bought/installed the SW 3.2 ruleset.

When I click on the 'Mods' button in the upper-right corner, I see 4 items.

One of them is 4e Fumbles and Critical Hits, which appears to underlap (as opposed to overlap) the item to the right of it.

Is this something I can take care of myself?

BoomerET

dberkompas
June 22nd, 2012, 07:02
https://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr116/BoomerET/FGII_Modules_SavageWorlds.jpg

Why is this happening, and how can I remove the 4e Fumble thing.

I just found that if I remove fumblecrit.mod from the modules directory, the problem is no longer there.

So I took it a step further, changing ruleset from Any to 4E in definition.xml of fumblecrit.mod

Griogre
June 22nd, 2012, 08:28
Basically as you found out the reason that module is showing up is because it was not just restricted to the 4E ruleset. The Any means the module is seen in all rulesets. You can just safely ignore it or you can remove it as you did - or if you think it is useful for 4E you can do what you did and restrict it to 4E. It is probably a bug the module is not restricted to 4E or maybe all D&D rulesets. You might want to post this in the House of Healing so it can be fixed.

phantomwhale
June 22nd, 2012, 08:58
Griogre - thanks for noting the chat window status not reacting correctly. Hadn't seen that, so will have to pull in a fix (probably straight from the 4E ruleset, I'd imagine - unless it's broken there too !)

Added it as a bug to remind me : https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=52375

dberkompas - The module underlap behavior is a problem with Savage Worlds though (so far kept under control by MOST modules having a short-ish name)

It is on the wishlist to be improved here : https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=26523
Furthermore it has already been fixed unofficially by Ikael's extension, so I strongly imagine I'll integrate that fix into version 3.3

scionofnyarlathotep
June 22nd, 2012, 17:07
Griogre - thanks for noting the chat window status not reacting correctly. Hadn't seen that, so will have to pull in a fix (probably straight from the 4E ruleset, I'd imagine - unless it's broken there too !)

Added it as a bug to remind me : https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=52375

dberkompas - The module underlap behavior is a problem with Savage Worlds though (so far kept under control by MOST modules having a short-ish name)

It is on the wishlist to be improved here : https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=26523
Furthermore it has already been fixed unofficially by Ikael's extension, so I strongly imagine I'll integrate that fix into version 3.3

Do we have an ETA for 3.3?

phantomwhale
June 22nd, 2012, 23:40
It's required for SWD - so I suspect sooner rather than later (which might mean that a few things get pushed back to a later release)

It's under heavy progress now, looking like 1-2 months of work and playtesting.

scionofnyarlathotep
June 22nd, 2012, 23:50
It's required for SWD - so I suspect sooner rather than later (which might mean that a few things get pushed back to a later release)

It's under heavy progress now, looking like 1-2 months of work and playtesting.

Let me know if you need additional playtesters, I'm more than willing to help out.

Tryll
June 23rd, 2012, 04:11
It would be really nice to have access to the new 2.9 Tables capability in SW.

Doswelk
June 23rd, 2012, 14:26
Nev having played with 4e in any great detail I do not know exactly what you mean, but all the tables from the SWEX are in FGII type /t

Mask_of_winter
June 23rd, 2012, 14:41
hey thanks for that Kevin, I didn't know about the tables. It's pretty neat!

Tryll
June 23rd, 2012, 15:49
"Tables" like the new Calendar, are new tool windows. In the case of Tables, it allows the creation and use of a dynamic multi-column table, where rolls can select a row, and the table's results can be calculated in as macros. The critical hit and fumble tables in 4e are a good example... they automatically generate a crit result (for example), and then write descriptive text to the chat window.

Tryll
June 23rd, 2012, 17:23
Ah, I see... SW has "Tables" in the chat window. I'm new to using it and SW, but it seems like 2.9 essentially offers a UI for them which I don't think exists now. Right?