PDA

View Full Version : Can't target enemies in updated version

sirchet
June 17th, 2012, 06:21
We played tonight and the only way we could actually target an enemy was to drop the die on the enemy on the map.

We were playing DnD 3.5e.

JohnD
June 17th, 2012, 06:31
A little more information from the DM side:

Some players couldn't target creatures - we had to either drop the die on the creature in the map, or drag the roll onto the creature. Same went for damage in this instance.
Some players could target the creatures (showed up as targeted in the PC's portion of the Combat Tracker), but their rolls didn't recognize the fact that there was a target... again had to drag the attack and damage rolls to the creature.
Other players had things working fine (i.e. normally).

Had six PCs... it was pretty well evenly broken up between the three variations listed above.

Possibly of note; the creatures controlled by the DM did not experience any issues in targeting.

chillybilly
June 17th, 2012, 15:52
I had this issue a while back when I used the enhanced map mod. I had accidentally placed the NPCs on the wrong layer and therefore, they were untargetable by the PCs. Not saying this is the cause of your problem but it might be worth looking at.

Zeus
June 17th, 2012, 19:38
JohnD, try deleting all CT entries (PC's and NPC's) and then re-add them again. Then close the CT and re-open.

Ask your players to try targetting again.

Its always worthwhile refreshing the CT after a major ruleset update. This helps ensure all CT entries are created and fields populated correctly.

JohnD
June 17th, 2012, 22:22
Thanks for the suggestions.

The CT was empty before we started playing so all PCs were dragged over the same way to re-populate.

I do wonder though if I put all the creatures into the CT the same way... I DM every 2nd week and still being a novice, I'm finding that's just long enough to forget a few things between sessions.