PDA

View Full Version : Updater Issue - XP [workaround]

kiro
June 16th, 2012, 22:41
Hey Guys,

I looked for this topic but could not find it. One of the laptops I have is still running XP and it encountered an issue updating. After the first update to patch the Updater, it popped up a command prompt and an error message that said "Windows Can not find 'UpdaterEngine.exe'..." and then crashed. I went to program files and manually ran the UpdaterEngine.exe and it ran fine. My Windows 7 machines updated fine.

Just thought I would post this in case anyone else is having this issue.

Windows XP SP3
Turion Dual Core
3GB Ram

Magnatude
June 17th, 2012, 20:17
I too have this issue... on my XP comp... I guess I'll have to swap my FG to my Laptop running win7? guys?

Zeus
June 17th, 2012, 20:49
JPG is aware of a current issue for XP users trying to update from within the launcher. Paths seem to be incorrect. I am sure it won't be long before JPG addresses with a fix though.

In the interim, I would suggest manually locating and executing the updater engine.exe.

zackspacks
June 17th, 2012, 20:54
Hi there
I have just got the same problem with Windows Vista. I then went into the actual folders to find the Updater.exe file and run it from there. The prog then asked me if I wanted to delete it, so I clicked yes. Nothing happened, except that the Updater file is no longer there of course. Uh-oh...any thoughts guys ?

What next ? >

Update - I have found the updater quarantined by Norton. So maybe there is hope !

Moon Wizard
June 18th, 2012, 00:57
Yeah, there is a separate issue where Norton has been quarantining the updater for some reason (as well as blacklisting our web site). I got the web site cleared up, but I might need to follow up with them again if the updater keeps getting quarantined.

Thanks,
JPG