PDA

View Full Version : Rippers has been updated and now includes the theme by Doswelk

ddavison
June 16th, 2012, 06:47
Thanks to Doswelk for updating this and bringing it current with fixes, a new installer and a beautiful looking skin extension with Lodge support.

Take a look at the attached screenshots on the product page if you aren't familiar with the setting or what comes in a typical setting or accessory module like this. It's quite exhaustive and will give a great deal of info and plots for GMs.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=S2P10005FG2

scionofnyarlathotep
June 16th, 2012, 16:30
Thanks for the update but I am still having problems getting an update to download. I have sent a mail to support.

ddavison
June 16th, 2012, 17:24
It should be fixed now for everyone. Thanks for raising the issue.

daddystabz
June 18th, 2012, 17:55
I am looking forward to trying to update mine tonight when I get home.

daddystabz
June 21st, 2012, 03:50
I opened my FG II and it had an update and it updated and all but when I loaded my Rippers campaign the background looked exactly the same as the normal Savage Worlds ruleset.

Is there anything I need to do please?

Doswelk
June 21st, 2012, 08:42
Did you enable the extension?

daddystabz
June 21st, 2012, 12:04
Rippers is enabled I think, as always, but I don't see a separate extension.

daddystabz
June 21st, 2012, 12:07
Do I have to re-download the Rippers extension? I ran the update button last night and it found an update but it might have been for just FG II and not a Rippers update. I'm a tad confused.

Moon Wizard
June 21st, 2012, 19:52
Yes, you would currently need to re-download the Rippers extension from the Order History at the bottom of the Store page.

With v2.9, we have some limited functionality to automatically update purchases (if you provide your credentials to the updater in the Settings screen). However, we have only implemented a small subset at this time, as some of the files are currently too large for our patch system.

Regards,
JPG

daddystabz
June 22nd, 2012, 00:01
I re-downloaded my purchased Rippers ruleset under Order History in the store but when looking at it it still is labeled as version FG2 Rippers Setting 1.0.

ddavison
June 22nd, 2012, 01:08
Did it have an installer or a zip file? If you had the installer, then it should be the newer version.

daddystabz
June 22nd, 2012, 01:30
Installer.

ddavison
June 22nd, 2012, 01:36
Okay, after installing it should place a file called "Rippers Theme.ext" in your application data folder's "extensions" folder. The file should be dated 6/15/2012 and when you Load Campaign or Create New Campaign, the extension should read:

Rippers Theme Extension
Version: 2.0
Author: Kevin Doswell

If you see the file but you see a different version within FG, then I would recommend trying the following:
1. Start | All Programs | Fantasy Grounds II | Application Data Folder
2. Open extensions folder
3. Look for and delete any extension file that says Rippers
4. Re-install the updated version of Rippers
5. Re-launch Fantasy Grounds and see if the new version is available

daddystabz
June 22nd, 2012, 01:37
I installed the update and it worked. Thanks all!