PDA

View Full Version : FGII won't launch

gelbar
June 16th, 2012, 02:58
After patching today, the program failes to launch. It tries to update or locate files or something after patching but it can't and fails out. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the same thing happens. I get to the end of the process, the it updates the launcher then fails.

Any ideas?

Moon Wizard
June 16th, 2012, 03:25
Apparently, having all the people updating today has tripped a switch over at Symantec. If you are running a Synmatec or Norton antivirus or firewall product, please check your quarantine area for the updater utility. We've submitted to their false positive form to get it straightened out but it might take a few days.

Also, you can see similar behavior if you moved the FG application folder without reinstalling.

Let me know if those bits of information do not help.

Regards,
JPG

Blaen
June 16th, 2012, 12:15
Same problem, I have given FG2 full permissions but I still get the message:

The Fantasy Grounds Updater has been updated.
It will be restarted to make sure the main Fantasy Grounds
application and ruleset are up to date.

I click OK, but nothing happens

gelbar
June 16th, 2012, 12:59
-QUICK UPDATE- Issue seems resolved

I should have tried updating a couple of more times before posting. I tried updating the client again and it worked perfectly. I'm able to get into FG2 as normal. You can ignore the post below!

First, thank you for the quick reply! I appreciate the support!

Unfortunately, I don't use Norton or Symantec. I do use MS Security Essentials so I tried adding all of the FG2 files to the Excluded list. I also turned off Windows firewall.

I tried to update again this morning after doing a clean install of FG2 and get an error in the updater saying "ProcessManifextXML: Error reading Attributes." This happens right after the updater gets to the "Checking package 3.5E for updates" line.

I'm happy to provide more information if necessary.

ddavison
June 16th, 2012, 17:31
Blaen, are you still experiencing problems?