PDA

View Full Version : Chat Window Text Size

KermodeBear
June 15th, 2012, 20:51
Hello,

Is there an option to change the size of the text in the chat window? I've checked all kinds of windows and right click menus and I can't seem to find one. My old aging eyes have problems reading the small text. If I need to hop into an XML file somewhere that'd be fine too.

Thanks!

Griogre
June 15th, 2012, 21:02
There is no option to change font size. The font's in FG are generally raster fonts and fixed in size. The best thing you can do is lower the resolution of the monitor if it is a real problem.

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2012, 21:10
There is no way currently to adjust the text size on a per machine basis. It could be changed by a developer writing an extension to modify the ruleset definition, but it would apply to everyone. Currently, FG uses a pixel-based method for defining the interface components.

I just started thinking about making an option to allow a user to specify a specific resolution or scale to apply to their individual settings.

I run on a large resolution screen, so I run into the same situation as you where the smaller text can be hard to read. However, I have players on laptops, so it will have to be a product change I think.

Regards,
JPG

KermodeBear
June 15th, 2012, 21:12
Ah, that's too bad. I'll drop the resolution down and handle it that way for now. Thanks!

demonsbane
June 28th, 2012, 19:25
Ah, that's too bad. I'll drop the resolution down and handle it that way for now. Thanks!

The annoying thing about that solution is that you need to change your desktop resolution (messing your desktop icons placement . . .), and then FG2 launches at the new resolution. At least this happens under Windows XP, Vista and 7.

It would be nice if the Fantasy Grounds 2 app could run at a desktop-independent resolution.