PDA

View Full Version : Version 2.9, 4E Ruleset, Personality Bugs

Griogre
June 15th, 2012, 11:36
The personality/NPC attacks are currently sorted alphabetically within the various action type categories. WotC does not sort the monster's attacks alphabetically. The various powers should be sorted by their ID number order within each action type to match WotC's format.

Dr.Zuess allowed formatting to be turned off for individual powers to allow complex npc effect drops onto PCs. Currently this option is not available which means all npc complex effects with aftereffects or failed first and second saves can't be drag and dropped from the personality onto the PC. :( Some examples of this these type of effects are the Drow Warrior's Drow Poison, the Medusa Archer's Petrifying Gaze, and the Ancient Red Dragon's Frightful Presence from MM1. A MM3 power format example is Lolth's Poison Strands and Lolth's Kiss attacks.

I am currently getting a console error when I open up any library monster from the top level right pane library link list: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_version.lua"]:462: addChatMessage: Invalid parameter

I'm using a flat monster list similar to the old d20 monster manual instead of using the right library pane to open up a window with a series of sublists that actually open the monster lists. I'll look more into this over the weekend. If I drop the monster into the personality book first the error, doesn't happen.

I'd thought I'd also mention that Norton didn't like the update to the FG updater. It quarantined it. When I pulled it out of quarantine it worked fine but if people have problems with the updater that might be one reason.

Thanks for all your effort JPG, I'm looking forward to using all the new features in 2.9.

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2012, 21:21
Thanks for the details. I'll look into it. I may need a copy of your module.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2012, 21:37
A few comments/questions:

* The script error is a bug. However, the ruleset is attempting to say that it can't upgrade your NPC record format, because they are read only. You may want to make sure that your monster module is "host" mode (i.e. db.xml), and that the "static" attribute is not applied to the monster detail records.

* Let me look into changing the sorting on the monster powers to ID instead of name.

* On the complex effects, it looks like there is a problem with the parsing here, because it should still work.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 15th, 2012, 23:28
Just pushed quick 4E update to patch script error, NPC power sorting and complex effects highlight and drag.

Cheers,
JPG

Griogre
June 16th, 2012, 00:54
Thanks for you work, JPG, the library module is a db.xml module and the monster details are static since the displayed monster is from a library module and the monsters aren't suppose to be changeable. I can take the static out but wouldn't that give the user the false impression he is really changing the library module? Maybe I'm using static wrong.

I'll send the module to the support e-mail in a few minutes.

Griogre
June 16th, 2012, 01:44
I had a moment to look at the update and I noticed the monster powers still sorted oddly with the Adult Green Dragon. Looking at the Adult Green Dragon in the MM in its standard action grouping I show Frightful Presence (id-00010) first above Bite (id-00002). Most of the monsters seem fine. I noticed the Ancient Green with 11 powers seems ok so it might be some weird case with 10 powers or something.

Moon Wizard
June 16th, 2012, 03:27
Host mode modules can actually be changed by the host, and reverted if the changes are unwanted. I'll follow up to our email also.

JPG