PDA

View Full Version : Combining Feats

jedorian
June 14th, 2012, 22:03
Hello, everybody.

So, my question is about the use of two specific feats, Manyshot and Vital Strike.
Can a character use them both at once?
My initial assumption is yes, but only one shot will get the increase to damage from Vital Strike.

Any thoughts?

Trenloe
June 14th, 2012, 22:18
Vital Strike uses a single attack action (standard action), Many shot uses a full round action. So, I would say no, you can't combine the two. Vital Strike does specifically say "you make a single attack..."

From the PRD:

Vital Strike (Combat)

You make a single attack that deals significantly more damage than normal.

Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +6.

Benefit: When you use the attack action, you can make one attack at your highest base attack bonus that deals additional damage. Roll the weapon's damage dice for the attack twice and add the results together before adding bonuses from Strength, weapon abilities (such as flaming), precision based damage, and other damage bonuses. These extra weapon damage dice are not multiplied on a critical hit, but are added to the total.

Manyshot (Combat)

You can fire multiple arrows at a single target.

Prerequisites: Dex 17, Point-Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, base attack bonus +6.

Benefit: When making a full-attack action with a bow, your first attack fires two arrows. If the attack hits, both arrows hit. Apply precision-based damage (such as sneak attack) and critical hit damage only once for this attack. Damage bonuses from using a composite bow with a high Strength bonus apply to each arrow, as do other damage bonuses, such as a ranger's favored enemy bonus. Damage reduction and resistances apply separately to each arrow.

jedorian
June 14th, 2012, 22:22
Ah, yes. They are indeed seperate actions. Well, that settles that, then. Can't be doing a standard action while doing a full-round action.