PDA

View Full Version : Integer not divisible by zero-issue

Ikael
June 13th, 2012, 15:58
Several people have reported that their FG has crashed several times when using Feature improvements extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16637) in Savage Worlds 3.2 ruleset. The crashing is related to rolling damage dices, aka when the diceset rolled is something like '1D6+1D4+1'

One person reported that their error log at OS reported following (see the attached image)

Event ID 1000
Exception Code 94 (Integer not divisible by zero)

What's interesting here is that in my opinion LUA is not sensitive in dividing integers with zero. For example 1/0 simply results 1.#INF (infinitive) so the cause might be inside FG framework???

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. Moon_Wizard, can you take a peek on this?

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2012, 19:44
If anyone can get me a a way to reproduce at will, I will have this squashed within the day. I'll try to play around and see if I can trigger while debugging.

Thanks,
JPG

scionofnyarlathotep
June 13th, 2012, 20:16
If anyone can get me a a way to reproduce at will, I will have this squashed within the day. I'll try to play around and see if I can trigger while debugging.

Thanks,
JPG

The error occurred three times under the following circumstances:

- Windows 7
- FG2 v2.8.1
- Running Kilquato Savage Worlds scenario
- Clicking on damage dice within the weapon on one of the PC character sheets
- Dice needed to ace for bug to occur
- From memory, I think it was only when the d6 aced though I cannot be certain on this

I believe it is one my logs that Ikael has included on this post.

Moon Wizard
June 13th, 2012, 22:32
I wonder if I squashed this in v2.9 already. I hope so. ;)

scion,
Could I get a copy of your db.xml file sent to me? ([email protected])

Also, which character? Which attack? Also, did the character have any modifiers or a damage raise?

Thanks,
JPG

scionofnyarlathotep
June 13th, 2012, 22:55
I wonder if I squashed this in v2.9 already. I hope so. ;)

scion,
Could I get a copy of your db.xml file sent to me? ([email protected])

Also, which character? Which attack? Also, did the character have any modifiers or a damage raise?

Thanks,
JPG

Will shoot db.xml file over shortly.

Character was Buck Savage
Weapon was Colt 1911
There was a damage raise (can't recall if other modifiers were in place, don't think so)

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2012, 00:31
Thanks to Scion, I have a reproduceable test. It has to do with portrait chat plus long user names. Working on it now.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 14th, 2012, 03:02
Patch going live for v2.9 beta in a few minutes.
JPG

Ikael
June 14th, 2012, 06:05
Wonderful! Now when 2.9 is comming out as RELEASE version :) ?

Griogre
June 14th, 2012, 09:03
Version 2.9 should be out today, Thursday.