PDA

View Full Version : Expressions of interest? - Rolemaster Campaign

bennis1980
June 13th, 2012, 14:06
Hi all,

I am hoping to run a campaign for rolemaster and was wondering if there are any expressions of interest. The campaign will be low level, austere and with medium chance of survival. On the other hand I plan for the characters to have strong background stories to give players a reason to hold onto them. There will be time for caution, but also time for immediate action, so only the sensible survive. The game will be open play, with many options and directions, but will also have strong story elements.

This is my first FG2 campaign so hopefully I can pull this off :o

Sundays @ ~6pm (GMT), hopefully to be ready in 6-8wks

PM or post here with expressions of interest.

bennis1980

Ardem
June 13th, 2012, 15:07
Good to see another campaign, would recommend the Extend RMC mod if you get it going.

I am in a different part of the world so unfortunately not able to attend.

bennis1980
June 13th, 2012, 15:35
Good to see another campaign, would recommend the Extend RMC mod if you get it going.

I am in a different part of the world so unfortunately not able to attend.

I should have said: It will use Extend RMC and run on version 2.9

You could always get up at 6am, but you probably wouldn't be able to focus on the screen at that hour :D

scionofnyarlathotep
June 13th, 2012, 20:18
Tentative interest here (need to earn brownie points with wife :) ). I'm South Wales so no problem with the time zone.

reddir
June 13th, 2012, 23:48
The time is good for me, and I would like to try out Rolemaster after hearing quite a lot about it.

However, I'm not really into tactical games. Are you intending to focus mostly on character story arcs or have tactics/mechanics as the central aspect?

bennis1980
June 14th, 2012, 01:39
Are you intending to focus mostly on character story arcs or have tactics/mechanics as the central aspect?

Story is very important to me, and I like a character's background with lots of hooks. So I would have to say story arcs will be central to the game. It won't be a tactical, players vs GM environment (I don't take pleasure in killing characters, especially with rich stories).

That said, I won't be tweeking rolls, so take care of your character. Rolemaster can be unforgiving with a chance of death from all quarters.

lachancery
June 14th, 2012, 02:43
In a recent monthly announcement (not sure if it's the last one, or the one before that), ICE talked about Fantasy Grounds, and some questions have ensued on their forums. I would suggest you post your game announcement over there, as there might be a few Rolemaster vets, but FG neophytes interested in playing.

Time zone doesn't work for me, and besides, my gaming schedule is capped out. :(

Yves.

bennis1980
June 21st, 2012, 00:20
So far I have two players interested, Glorfian and Stuart.

There's another while yet so any other players interested feel free to PM me.

In the mean time, prepare to sharpen your knives and your wits (that's a note to self by the way)

scionofnyarlathotep
June 21st, 2012, 19:54
Colour me a definite rather than a tentative. All agreed with the wife and it also helps that I have today picked up the hard copy boxed set for a song!

I'll send a PM to confirm too.

tooley1chris
June 27th, 2012, 01:07
I would love to play and see how it all goes thru this platform!
Im CST middle of USA but am flexible on sundays.

bennis1980
June 27th, 2012, 11:00
I'm hoping to run at 6-10pm on Sunday evenings (GMT) so time wise it should suit you okay.

Stuart
June 27th, 2012, 18:20
Works beautifully for me :D

bennis1980
July 1st, 2012, 21:06
Okay!

So i have 4/5 expressions of interest and I'll probably keep it at that to start with.

I'm looking to start the campaign sometime at the beginning of august if all goes well with my prep work.

I'll PM with more details closer to the time. If you have an idea what kind of characters you want to play, let me know. Human, halfling or elvish only (dwarves are evil in my world - sorry). You will play mercenaries or adventurers in search of work. Any other background story you wish, but nothing grand or high scale. the grittier the better.

tooley1chris
July 2nd, 2012, 03:15
I'm thinking of a swashbuckler type. Rapier and sharp wit.

bennis1980
July 5th, 2012, 07:12
I'm thinking of a swashbuckler type. Rapier and sharp wit.

tooley1chris,

Unfortunately there's no skill for a sharp wit, so you'll have to roleplay it :)

That's character idea is fine, it suits the campaign. Just check your private messages for details of the game.

bennis

Dakadin
July 6th, 2012, 06:48
If you are newer to Rolemaster you might want to check out lachancery's games for FG Con 2012.

The introduction is located here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=826

A one shot adventure is located here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=828

bennis1980
July 6th, 2012, 07:23
I'll be playing lachancery's one shot RM adventure on sunday at 6pm if anyone wants to join me.

EDIT: That game has been brought back to 3pm GMT

tooley1chris
July 6th, 2012, 12:29
I should b able to

bennis1980
July 8th, 2012, 10:43
tooley1chris,

Can you confirm if you are playing (via PM and Gamecalendar) because I'm currently holding a place for you. You might like to check the other PMs I sent you regarding character backgrounds.

bennis

Trenloe
July 16th, 2012, 06:12
I'll be playing lachancery's one shot RM adventure on sunday at 6pm if anyone wants to join me.
I think you'll find it's 2pm GMT Sunday. Plus, does Ireland have daylight savings? If you do, it'll be 3pm local time for you bennis... :)

bennis1980
July 16th, 2012, 06:28
I think you'll find it's 2pm GMT Sunday. Plus, does Ireland have daylight savings? If you do, it'll be 3pm local time for you bennis... :)

Ah yes, Yves changed the time a while back so he wouldn't be clashing with other games. Forgot to change it here. We do have daylight savings (what little daylight Ireland gets with all the clouds) so it is at 3pm here and in the UK.

Thanks for the heads up Trenloe

craggles
July 21st, 2012, 06:20
Hi, I've just gone through the Fantasy Grounds tutorial at the FC Con and thought the system was great!

If you happen to have any spare slots, I'd love to partake - I noticed you were keeping it at 4/5 players for now so let me know if you have any drop-outs. :)

And I'll be joining the same adventure on Sunday as well. :D

bennis1980
July 21st, 2012, 08:13
Craggles,

If you are interested in playing, there will be no cut off time so sign up on the gamecalendar (it will be an open player controlled story) so sign up anyway and if someone loses interest, can't make it or doesn't show, I can PM you.

bennis1980

Gamecalendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=821