PDA

View Full Version : 'Always on Top' Functionality

scionofnyarlathotep
June 10th, 2012, 01:00
I've added a new idea on the idea informer to get some of the Wimdows 'Always on top' functionality added.

"Running FG2 has always given me a problem with a cluttered screen and with the potential for a large number of menus and options to be open at the same time.

This can be very frustrating if you are trying to reference a particular screen but have to find it amongst the clutter of other items. This is particularly frustrating when it is the combat tracker.

Can I suggest that an 'Always on Top' functionality option is added to each menu opened? If not all menus, then just for the combat tracker?"

This is probably more an FG2 request in general but as I am mostly a Savage Worlds player, I'm hoping we can get it into 3.3!

Your votes are welcomed!

Moon Wizard
June 10th, 2012, 05:42
I'm confused by he "menu" reference. Is this SW specific, or are you asking for specific windows to always be on top? If so, which windows do you think should be on top?

Also, it would be good to have some examples of large sets of open windows that you use during your game. I typically have many windows open in my session as GM, but I can always jump to specific ones using campaign sidebar buttons, links in story entries or links in combat tracker.

Finally, there is an alternate solution on the FG wish list called Window Manager. The idea being that you could have something like the Alt+Tab menu or Taskbar to navigate windows when many are open. For example, I imagine that a taskbar might group windows by "class", and have a second bar for the individual windows within a class. What do you think of that approach?

Regards,
JPG

phantomwhale
June 11th, 2012, 04:27
I'm probably going to leave this one as an FGII requrest, rather than a SWEX request, as it's possibly not even something I can do currently. JPG raises some good discussion points too.