PDA

View Full Version : Eye of Kilquato Map Problem

scionofnyarlathotep
June 8th, 2012, 21:00
Has anyone else encountered a problem with Danny's map for the final scene of EoK? I was running it for our group last night and it continually froze on sharing no matter how long I had it on preload.

I have even tried to access the actual image itself to break it down into more manageable parts but could not even find it in any of the usual locations.

Does anyone hacve an idea how to resolve this or have the final map broken into more easily loadable portions?

Thanks

nezzir
June 9th, 2012, 14:25
I don't have this module, but did you open the module archive and poke around in there? If this is a free module, post it and I'll look at it and help you test it - you can connect to my server and I'll try and share it out as a test.

nezzir
June 9th, 2012, 19:23
For what it's worth, the original map is HUGE! It's a .png file, nearly 9MB with transparency enabled. Attached is a copy that's been slightly reduced in resolution and exported to .jpg format. The file size is now 822kb.

The module for this adventure is in your module directory. You could open the .mod file with a compression program (like Wizip or 7-zip) and replace or add this file to it, or you could just put it in the images directory in your campaign folder.

Either way, this should fix your problem. The other file was very large and would take a long time to share - plus, I'm not sure the transparency layer wasn't causing compatibility issues.

Hope this works for you.

--Nez

Doswelk
June 10th, 2012, 00:25
For what it's worth, the original map is HUGE! It's a .png file, nearly 9MB with transparency enabled. Attached is a copy that's been slightly reduced in resolution and exported to .jpg format. The file size is now 822kb.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
It would appear when I put that module together I left the original map in place not the compressed one!

I'll sort it out and ship over to Doug for a re-post.

<wanders off in shame>

scionofnyarlathotep
June 10th, 2012, 00:57
Thanks to both for looking at it. I'd bodged a non-techie fix by taking three separate screen dumps of the various map parts and loaded into paint.net, cutting, pasting etc and re-saving them.

I'll load nezzir's new map now.