PDA

View Full Version : Counter on the desktop

ttuckel
June 8th, 2012, 10:50
Hello,

I want to add a simple counter on the desktop visible for the players and that only the GM could modify.
Is there anything existing already like a module or extension or a ruleset ... ?

Thank you in advance !

geekworx
June 8th, 2012, 14:35
Counter ... as in a window frame that has a counter starting at say 0 and then is incremented by the DM/Gamemaster?

ttuckel
June 9th, 2012, 08:52
Absolutely !

geekworx
June 9th, 2012, 09:43
Okay then ... should be fairly easy to do ... as far as I understand (please anyone feel free to correct me) you would need to do the following:

Create a suitable graphic frame image for the control.
Create the necessary xml frame file and include it in the desktop xml file for display on the desktop
Create a relevant LUA script file to handle the logic and the control thereof

This technically isn't too difficult to do ... the other option would be to have a set of images that have the numbers you require and share them with your players ... power up the drawing tool ... and circle whatever number you are currently on. You can then use the built in FGII drawing and image controls to prevent users modifying things and such like.

Griogre
June 10th, 2012, 01:29
Bear in mind it you go the drawing circles route players can draw unless you disable it.

Trenloe
June 10th, 2012, 23:00
This technically isn't too difficult to do ... the other option would be to have a set of images that have the numbers you require and share them with your players ... power up the drawing tool ... and circle whatever number you are currently on. You can then use the built in FGII drawing and image controls to prevent users modifying things and such like.
Or use one or more tokens to indicate which number/s are currently being used. Lock tokens so the players can't move them.