PDA

View Full Version : chatlog

Stordyr
June 5th, 2012, 22:27
Hi,

i found out that there is a chatlog exported into the appdata campaign directory.

I wondered if there is a chance/option to get the chatlogs available in the chat, when I saved the campaign and load it the next week we carry on gaming.

regards

Stordyr

Moon Wizard
June 6th, 2012, 02:23
Currently, the log does not reload. One thing to consider is that the chat log is over the entire history of the campaign, so you wouldn't want to reload the entire log since it would be impossible to find anything meaningful. Also, the chat log is limited to the last 5000 entries in a session.

You can file a feature request for the community to vote on from my signature.

Regards,
JPG

Valarian
June 6th, 2012, 08:56
The option I use is to publish the chat log to the group using Google Docs. I use Joshuha's chat log cleaner first to strip out incidentals, then do a quick tidying pass and upload to the shared folder. I also publish a public version, which goes through a little more thorough clean-up and doesn't include the OOC chat.

I think this is better than including the previous chat log in the software. That would make for a long start-up as the chat log is read, and could slow down the chat window for gaming in-session.