PDA

View Full Version : New Savage World Module: Savage Fallout

nezzir
June 3rd, 2012, 05:36
Greetings,

Since I discovered Fantasy Grounds, I’ve wanted to do a Fallout ruleset for it. There are a lot of resources for Fallout on the web and many people have created RPG systems to support it. There are S.P.E.C.I.A.L. games, Savage World games, and even D&D and Warhammer conversions.

One of my favorite was written by Raskolnik of Savage Fallout Blogspot. Raskolnik even ran several games using his conversion and has quite a few one sheet adventures on his site. I used his conversion as the main core resource document for my module. I have contacted Raskolnik and he agreed to let me include his documents in the distribution archive! Thanks Raskolnik! Unfortunately, this size of the file including the PDFs made the file too big to host here. It will be included in the archive hosted in my Yahoo Groups page. In the meantime, you can get the PDF files from Raskolnik's blog. I recommend the Overseer’s Handbook and Wastelander’s Survival Guide.

https://savagefallout.blogspot.com/

The module is moderately sized, weighing in at just over 11,000 lines and 500,000 characters. It includes 18 new Hindrances, 60 new Edges, 3 races, and updated Skills, all specific to the Fallout genre. There are setting specific rules (like Radiation and Chems), and a sizable offering of new weapons, armor, and equipment. The largest section is the detailed files on the denizens and beasts of the wastelands. There are over 50 complete entries in the Bestiary that cover Robots, Radscorpions and Radroaches, Deathclaws, Mirelurks, and NPCs, all with detailed descriptions from the Wiki – Everything from the lowly Bloatfly to the gargantuan Super Mutant Behemoth!

All weapons, armor, skills, edges, hindrances, creatures, etc. are droppable into the ruleset windows and sheets (thanks to Doswelk for the emergency support). The module is fully compatible and integrated with the Savage Worlds ruleset and is ready to play. Just put together a ‘One Sheet’ and some players with a taste for Apocalyptic Wastelands.

The attached archives include:
1) The Savage Fallout Module: Requires Fantasy Grounds II and Savage Worlds ruleset
2) A Fallout Theme extension that contains a simple desktop and mod collector change
3) The Exodus of Vault 99, a Savage Fallout adventure

I hope you enjoy Savage Fallout. It’s been a lot of fun making it!

Enjoy,
NezziR

P.S. Feel free to include this file in the Fantasy Grounds Wiki

Edit:
Updated to 1.02 on 6/9/12
Theme added on 6/9/12
Adventure added on 6/9/12

Mask_of_winter
June 3rd, 2012, 10:17
Thank you for your contribution to the community. I really dig the skin!

nezzir
June 4th, 2012, 06:08
Minor update, I added a Fallout style computer to replace the Mod Collector and the nice green retro computer text used by Doswelk. I also replaced the Bennies graphic with a cool Nuka-Cola bottle cap :)

--Nez

nezzir
June 5th, 2012, 02:55
As we play, I'm finding problems and adding needed items. I've already:

Fixed some Armor entries
Added Ammo listings to the weapons section
Added an 'Untrained' skill to the skill listing

The idea behind the 'Untrained' skill, is that it provides a listed skill for making Untrained skill rolls. The new Untrained skill set to d4 and adds the d6 wild die. All you have to do is dial down the mod window to -2 and drop the skill roll. It provides a nice output to the GM window with the modified roll and a statement that <player> made an 'Untrained' skill roll. Instructions on what it is and how to use it are included in the Skill description. The tags have been altered to make this entry float to the top of the Novice skill list.

I realize that Savage Fallout is a very specific niche and few people will play it, but if anyone does use it and you find any issues, let me know and I'll fix it in the next rev. Once I get a few problems located and corrected, I'll increment the rev and repost here.

Thanks,
Nez

nezzir
June 9th, 2012, 21:40
Here is a module to go along with the Savage Fallout ruleset. It is a handy way to start a campaign, or just a great session's play. Simply drop it in your modules folder and open it in Fantasy Grounds.

In addition to Fantasy Grounds II and the Savage Worlds ruleset, you will need the Fallout module (available in this thread). It is also advisable you have Ikael's Feature Improvements extension, available in this thread:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16637

Enjoy,
Nez

dberkompas
June 22nd, 2012, 18:13
Thanks for your time in putting this together, can't wait to check it out.

BoomerET

damned
April 25th, 2016, 01:48
Slight modification to the extension - just changed the ruleset from SavageWorlds3 to SavageWorlds

MartianKat
April 27th, 2016, 10:05
Right on! Fallout has become my new obsession lately. I'll be checking out the blog post for more details. If i'm lucky I'll catch someone running this.

- K.

ctcharger
May 7th, 2016, 16:10
Very nice! I played Fallout 1 and 2 back in the day so I was happy to find it.