PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder) setting up spells at manuver attacks

Nestor
June 1st, 2012, 22:02
I was messing with some stuff for a fighter, that had improved trip, it is easy enough to set up a fighter spell class and add a spell that uses melee attack and modify it so it is the same as CMB, but is there a way to make it attack the Monsters CMD instead of AC?

Moon Wizard
June 2nd, 2012, 02:01
Currently, there is no way to specify CMB for spell entry attacks.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
June 9th, 2012, 04:35
There's no way to build in CMB attacks at all right? The only option is the CMB button on the combat tab?

Nestor
June 9th, 2012, 14:42
There's no way to build in CMB attacks at all right? The only option is the CMB button on the combat tab?

thats what it looks like.

setting up the attack is really not that big of a problem, attacking the targets cmd and not ac is the real issue, the functionality to use both would be quite nice.

could this be done with an extension? (not that i would begin to understand how do to it)

Blackfoot
June 9th, 2012, 14:48
Seems like a feature for 2.9.x or something.

Silveras
June 9th, 2012, 15:26
It would probably be good to add that to the FG II Wish List.

Silveras
June 10th, 2012, 19:35
This affects Disarm, and Sunder combat maneuvers, as well as Trip. Presumably, it would also affect Drag and Reposition maneuvers as well.

The issue is that CMB substitutes for BAB in these cases, but all other weapon modifiers (Weapon Focus, enhancements, etc.) still apply to the roll.

A relevant FAQ on the weapon properties is here (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/v5748btpy88yj/faq#v5748eaic9nvd)

Blackfoot
June 11th, 2012, 19:09
Oh yeah.. it's definitely a missing piece... but there's just no way to do it simply right now.
Ultimately.. you have to figure out what your bonus is relative to your base CMB and put that in as a modifier. You can build that in as a hotkey and you should be able to label it and be good to go. (At least.. I think that'll work ... give it a try.)

Nestor
June 11th, 2012, 22:03
I have entered it in with the correct roll modifiers, I will just tell the GM " Hey this is a Trip attack, it is VS CMD not AC" and then roll it.

If anyone has the know how to implement this I am more than willing to help out in any way I can. (if i knew how I would do it myself)