PDA

View Full Version : Character Selection Screen

malachi666
June 1st, 2012, 21:27
Hello,

I was just wondering how to change the character selection screen in FG? I would like to change it from the default fantasy skin.

Anyone know what the file is called? Also I noted that there is a different "container" when I am the GM.

Any help is appreciated.

lachancery
June 2nd, 2012, 01:50
I was just wondering how to change the character selection screen in FG? I would like to change it from the default fantasy skin.

Anyone know what the file is called? Also I noted that there is a different "container" when I am the GM.
Hey,

That depends on which ruleset you are using. For 3.5E, the character selection screen frame is named indexbox.png, and the "Character Selection" title is displayed using indexboxtitle.png. Both of these files are located under graphics\frames, but for 3.5E (and 4E), the ruleset must fix be extracted from the default install directory...

If you tell us which ruleset you're trying to customize, you'll get a more detailed answer.

Moon Wizard
June 2nd, 2012, 02:07
The best approach is to build an extension which replaces the frame graphics for the character lists. (As lachancery mentioned, for 3.5E and 4E rulesets, the frame is "indexbox" for both client and host, and "indexboxtitle" for the title bar.)

The title bar change would apply across all windows, since they all share the same graphic. The indexbox change the module activation and export windows in both rulesets, as well as the library window in the 3.5E ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

malachi666
June 4th, 2012, 20:16
hey Guys,

Sorry for not getting back sooner, I thought i had this set up to auto-msg me when someone replied... I didn't received an email...

Anyway we are building off of a ruleset labelled Foundation, I assume this is 4E.

You say this is labelled "indewbox.png" in the main insall folder and not the AppData folder?

Trenloe
June 4th, 2012, 21:46
Anyway we are building off of a ruleset labelled Foundation, I assume this is 4E.
Foundation is not 4E - it is a generic ruleset (based off 4E but with the 4E stuff stripped out), more details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15391

You say this is labelled "indewbox.png" in the main insall folder and not the AppData folder?
The file will be in the ruleset you are using. I'm not sure if the foundation ruleset is included as a .PAK file in the Fantasy Grounds installation folder or as a directory under <app data>\rulesets. If it is a .PAK file rename it to .ZIP and extract the whole ruleset to see the files - if it is in the <app data>\rulesets folder then all of the files will already be there for you to search for/replace etc. - ideally via the use of an extension.