PDA

View Full Version : [v2.8.1] Reach display error

Callum
June 1st, 2012, 14:01
When using a grid, squares are automatically shaded to show how much space a creature takes up, and how far its reach extends (based on the space/reach numbers in the combat tracker). However, the shaded reach shown is incorrect for every value above 10 feet. This is because it is just shading large squares (e.g. a square 45 feet on a side for a creature with space/reach of 15/15), and not allowing for the additional diagonal distances.

A full set of space & reach diagrams appear in the back of the 3.5 DMG, but I can't find an online reference for them. Essentially, it's the "walking" distance that is covered for any reach of 15 feet or more.

Moon Wizard
June 1st, 2012, 19:15
The general FG engine does support the display of non-square regions under character tokens, so the best I could do at this point would be to disable reach display altogether. At this point, this is a feature request.

Thanks,
JPG

Callum
June 15th, 2012, 15:33
Having the wrong area displayed is worse than having nothing displayed, so I would appreciate having this as a feature - thanks. Note that the creature space is always square, so that element shouldn't be disabled.