PDA

View Full Version : John Carter

Mask_of_winter
May 30th, 2012, 14:40
I am gearing up to run some Savage Worlds in the Mars setting from Adamant Entertainment. It is a rip off of the Edgar Burroughs novels and Disney movie John Carter. The title of the adventure module is Sky-Tyrant of Mars and should take 4 to 6 sessions to complete. It is action packed and fast paced with some airship chases and combat, a riddle and NPC interaction. I want to run this Saturday mornings 10am Eastern Time until 2pm. There will be a short break half-way for lunch. I'm opened to start it at 11am to 2pm if this would accomodate players better but in that case there wont be a lunch break. I will be ready to run this this coming Saturday but am willing to wait another week to meet the player minimum.

You dont need to own the Mars sourcebook, have played on Fantasy Grounds or know the Savage Worlds ruleset. Savage Worlds has the advantage of being an easy game to learn and teach. By the end of round one you'll know what you're doing. If you would like more info I can direct you to a quickstart guide. I'm a veteran GM and everybody who's played with me can attest that my priority is for all to have fun. There will be pre-gens for you to pick up if you dont have a copy of the Mars setting book. We use Skype for voice chat and I'm looking for 4 to 6 players. A calendar will be posted shortly. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

glacius
May 30th, 2012, 14:47
Count me in, thats a great time for also

VarnFury
May 30th, 2012, 15:58
Im in for time being.

Mask_of_winter
May 30th, 2012, 16:58
Here's the link to the calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=795

grapper
May 30th, 2012, 20:22
This sounds cool, I'd be up for it.

I have to admit that I never read the ERB novels or saw the movie, but I have a basic idea of the setting.

The only problem is that I will miss one weekend (June 30th).

If that is okay, I'd love to join.

brathor
May 31st, 2012, 01:10
Count me in if you've still got room.

Mask_of_winter
May 31st, 2012, 01:55
Welcome grapper and brathor! The Calendar has been updated.

Dayson
May 31st, 2012, 03:27
Count me in.

Mask_of_winter
June 1st, 2012, 16:39
Got one spot left. Game is Saturday morning Eastern Time.

Dayson
June 2nd, 2012, 21:02
Just finished playing. I highly recommend this game.

Mask_of_winter
June 3rd, 2012, 03:41
Thanks! Game went real well. Quick pace. In under 3 hours the group of heroes had a chariot race, repelled an aerial attack from Ugals (bat-like people), flew an airship through a sandstorm and crashed in a dune sea and finally navigated through a canyon filled mountain.

We still have room for more players. We play again next Saturday (june 9th) at 11am Eastern time. Contact me for further details.

Mask_of_winter
June 6th, 2012, 23:18
I noticed a couple new people applied on the calendar. Please PM so you're not just a username on a board to me :) thank you

Mask_of_winter
June 8th, 2012, 13:57
Someone pointed out the calendar indicates a 12pm starts on Saturday. It should read 11am. Time is EST.

Mask_of_winter
June 19th, 2012, 09:06
I'm ready to resume this module this coming Saturday (23rd). You guys still in?

We have spots open if anyone wants to join also.